2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    That was a load of crap and over reacting by dems.

On a good note, Sarah did well at the Blanco Playday. Her 1st runs of the season. She just moved up a class and finished 3rd in poles, 6th in straights, and 4th in straights.
    You gotta be kidding me. It never even crossed my mind that it would still be on, after everything else on earth had been canceled. We've had it on the calendar for a long time. Man, that's frustrating.

Congrats to Sarah!

Comment

hoping this thing is over soon. Pretty sure Tejas is gonna cancel this weekend. Haven't seen anything official but they closed the Saturday rodeo this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        hoping this thing is over soon. Pretty sure Tejas is gonna cancel this weekend. Haven't seen anything official but they closed the Saturday rodeo this past weekend.
        I would bet they cancel. Heck there is a real good chance the Jr State Finals get canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I would bet they cancel. Heck there is a real good chance the Jr State Finals get canceled.
          I am betting they do as well. On a good note, Sarah had her first roping lesson last week and has been practicing most every day. Has her 2nd lesson tonight. I hope she sticks with it, because I have a good calf horse already.

Comment

Lot of great Bareback Riders in this pic. This was a group pic of all of us at our Friends Chris Harris’s funeral

Click image for larger version

Name:	8675CC75-FF6F-4F7F-A393-384E9132DB10.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24613245

Comment

I hate it for the kids. If it is anything like baseball I have heard early June is best case. July is even on the rocks. Let these kids compete. Even if they make parents sit in plot

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I hate it for the kids. If it is anything like baseball I have heard early June is best case. July is even on the rocks. Let these kids compete. Even if they make parents sit in plot
                I agree. Its just hard for me to fathom Texas not sending Teams to nationals this Summer. I'm sure other states wouldn't be to disappointed though. I'm sure they would like to win a Team Title sometime.

Comment

Sarah is picking up swinging a rope really well. Another month of lessons on the ground and she will be ready to start learning on a horse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    I agree. Its just hard for me to fathom Texas not sending Teams to nationals this Summer. I'm sure other states wouldn't be to disappointed though. I'm sure they would like to win a Team Title sometime.
                    No doubt

Comment

I really don’t know what we are going to do all summer if this craziness is still going on. We are used to going to a rodeo just about every weekend of the summer. We are still riding and roping just about every day

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        I really don’t know what we are going to do all summer if this craziness is still going on. We are used to going to a rodeo just about every weekend of the summer. We are still riding and roping just about every day
                        Heck me neither. I feel bad for Riley. I feel bad for Riley. Last yr she lost the Region due to a broke arm but still finished in the top 10 in state. This yr she started the yr without Gator because of his injury. Get him back and they just kicked *** in Gonzales where the state finals are. They are firing on all cylinders and now this. **** kid can’t catch a break but we will be legged up and ready to if they do have it. We do need to take him somewhere so they can open up and run

Comment

Let’s have a little fun. Post pics of you Jr/Highschool rodeo days

Name:	BB2E225A-5056-40DB-8A9D-CD97AC7154B5.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24613331

Comment

[ATTACH]998372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]998373[/ATTACH]

Comment

Well not looking very good for the junior rodeos so far. Mullin, Blanket and Comanche have cancelled their junior rodeos. Hope this coronavirus stuff ends soon

Comment

With no rodeos going on and sitting at home I wanna keep this thread going going. During this down time all the young bull riders, bareback riders , barrel racers, ropers can work on fundamentals. A buck barrel and spur board is your best friend as well as a roping dummy. One thing that I get told a lot is how well Riley rides. Well it’s not only time in the saddle it’s also working on strength and balance. Yes she gets on the buck barrel with no rope. It works your lower body and core and improves balance and control. Rope your dummy from all angles. For the Bronc riders that spur board is your best friend . Get on it everyday. It sucks being not being able to compete and rodeo but now is the time to master the fundamentals.

Name:	3471CCAC-F69A-4F4F-A962-F2780982D13B.jpeg
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	24615714

Comment

Working...
                                X