New pool/home owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pool/home owner

My wife and I just bought our first home. It has a pool and I will doing all of the cleaning. I was looking at the cost of the chemicals ond found I can save quite a bit of money by getting my chemicals from Amazon. Is there a difference in say what Leslies Pools sales vs what amazon sales?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

intheswim.com

or Sams club
    Last edited by Roy D Mercer; 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I'm paying 160 a month to have my pool taken care of. I need to start doing my own pool cleaning and chemicals

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
        intheswim.com

or Sams club
        I was looking at in the swim products on amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out a site called trouble free pools and save tons of money and no pool store rip offs!! Four years in and I've never had algae.

Comment

Some advise from one rookie pool owner to another: We tried going cheap on shock and found out the hard way that the stuff we were buying had cyanuric acid in it. We kept using it and the acid level went to 150 in our pool this summer. The only way to bring that level down was to drain about 2 feet of water and refill it. Lesson learned. Make sure you buy shock that has no cyanuric acid in it and keep an eye on those levels.

Comment

www.troublefreepool.com read and learn, great site

Comment

Read the %'s if active ingredients of anything you buy online. It might be cheaper cause it's less chemical in it.

Comment

Lots of info on YouTube also. You might see if any of the local shops offer "pool school", which is basically where someone comes and cleans your pool, but, simultaneously, shows you hod to do it yourself (watch and learn). Costs about $75, then you are good to go (theoretically).

Comment

Convert your pool to salt water and save a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleB20 View Post
                      www.troublefreepool.com read and learn, great site

Keep you CYA in the 30-50 range max. The lower the CYA number to less chlorine it takes to bring it to shock level.

Use this too

Pool Calculator provides the tools and maintenance information you need to keep your swimming pool and hot tub chemicals balanced and your pool water crystal clear.

Look up BBB method for pools.

Walmart has the cheapest source of bleach for me, and baking soda. I skip the borax.

Lowe's has the cheapest price for Muratic acid.

If it gets to bad, look up the SLAM method. I usually do this once in the spring.

Comment

Our old house had a pool, and i did all of the maintenace/cleaning for 5 years until we had our twins, and i just didnt have the time/focus to stay on top of it. The troublefree pool method works, and is pretty easy. Just a pain always going to buy bleach.

We had an absolute nightmare pool, and i hated the thing until I hired a pool cleaner. He was cheap(pool company speaking), but very good. Always commented on how we had the trickiest pool out of all of his clients. He took care of it the last 2 years until we sold the place, and i never enjoyed it more. The people who bought it evidently gave up on it, and it is a frog pond now per pics from our old neighbors.

Comment

Did the salt water conversion 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did pool related.

Comment

Working...
                          X