Divorce Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
    Mine was 63 days, filed in Bryan and there was no fighting.

About the same with me....... 2 months, one lawyer and no fighting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If no kids involved, or even if there is try not to fight do it yourself and keep the money grubbing blood sucking lawyers out of it.

Comment

Friend of mine is a lawyer and was married to a lawyer. 60 days for them from filing to divorced.

Comment

Mine took 4 months from filing to final hearing because of backlog in Tom Green County courts. Did the no lawyer route since it was all agreed and no children under 18.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
            Friend of mine is a lawyer and was married to a lawyer. 60 days for them from filing to divorced.
            That is pretty damm amazing TWO lawyers can wrap up a divorce in TWO months.

Comment

Mine took 60 days. It's really up to the judge when the 60days starts. Judge started ours from time of serperation.

Comment

Almost a full year

Comment

Mine was final the first week of January. 1 week shy of 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    There is always fighting.
                    This.

Figure out what is non-negotiable and stick to it.

Mine was a couple years and the lawyers' kids are definitely going to college.

Still totally worth it.

Comment

7 months for me.

Comment

Mine took 6 months.have a friend that took 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                          That is pretty damm amazing TWO lawyers can wrap up a divorce in TWO months.
                          No, it isn't amazing at all. This is what happens when there is no one to pay for billable hours. They get it done quickly.

Right here is proof positive most divorce lawyers drag out the process to generate higher fees. They have absolutely NO incentive to get it done in a rapid manner. Every delay, continuance, request for more evidence, just runs up the billable hours but doesn't materially change the outcome. They love the crazies and the meddling MILs because they keep the **** stirred up and that rings the cash register.

No wonder the rate of suicide and alcoholism runs high in the legal profession. Eventually, even they know its wrong and their guilty conscious tells them so. After they screwed everybody else, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                            No wonder the rate of suicide and alcoholism runs high in the legal profession. Eventually, even they know its wrong and their guilty conscious tells them so. After they screwed everybody else, unfortunately.
                            Being tough on them, even the coyote has to eat.

Comment

My first one was about 90 days. My second one was 2.5 yrs and almost 40k in lawyer fees. I have a cousin that did his non contested in 60 days and 190.00 each.

Comment

It's impossible to give an accurate answer to a question like this.

Depends on what county, what court, and what judge. Depends on how much "stuff" there is to divide up. Depends on if there is a prenup. Depends on if there's REALLY no fighting or just no BIG fighting. Depends on when you got married (if the separate property estate is large and needs to be accounted). Depends how long you were married.

But, off the cuff, totally throwing a dart, I'd say 3-6 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X