Tree stands lbs held

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree stands lbs held

Not to hijack another thread so, I started my own. What would a good tree stand be for larger hunters. I'm 6'4" an currently 280.

Woodsey To, the grey ghost. They are not the cheapest stands but I tell you right now they are very well designed and comfortable.
    Longest I have sat on mine is 4 hours. I own 2 of them.

It will hold you. I'm down now to 260 from 287.
    Last edited by tx07; 07-15-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
      Woodsey To, the grey ghost. They are not the cheapest stands but I tell you right now they are very well designed and comfortable.
      Longest I have sat on mine is 4 hours. I own 2 of them.

It will hold you. I'm down now to 260 from 287.
      I'm hoping to be down to 250 by Dec but work is really taking it's toll on me.

Comment

Don't bring large lunches. That's one way to cut back.
        Also cut back on noodles, potatoes and bread. You will see a slow drop. Also do not weigh yourself but once a month. You don't need some specific diet. They never work and you starve.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
          Don't bring large lunches. That's one way to cut back.
          Also cut back on noodles, potatoes and bread. You will see a slow drop. Also do not weigh yourself but once a month. You don't need some specific diet. They never work and you starve.
          It's not that difficult for me. I just have to put my mind to it. Weight falls off pretty easy once my cardio is in full force. After a while eating becomes a big chore and I get tired of it. Good thing for shakes and bars.

Comment

Muddy Outdoors stands are rated for 300#...

Comment

summit goliath. summit is the way to go!

Comment

I use a summit Titan and love it. I'm 6'4" as well.

Comment

I'm a bigger guy myself. So I've been concerned about finding a sturdy stand to accommodate my girth as well. 6'2" 330.

I've been told by several companies that the tree stands will hold more than what they are rated for and that the failure test is usually several hundred pounds more than the "300 lb's" they put on the box.

Some of them claim not to have failed before 900lbs. But I'm not sure I want to chance that.
                  Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 07-16-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I never in my life had seen or heard of the brand, but we found one in atwoods called a big dog tree stand. It is huge! real nice set up. Im suprised we dont see that more often. if i knew how to take a pic from my phone and upload it I would

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input.

Comment

Working...
                      X