Old Colt 1911 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
    Humper. correct, over looked by me. lanyard loop is in place. and yes, the other side will tell us more. Colt. or other. I am thinking Colt as it really did not be mass produced to different company's until WW2.
    It’s a colt

Comment

well worth 3500.00 to 4200.00 NOT 500. and a can of cat food.

Comment

Wow very cool. I’ll try and get more pics! Hopefully, I can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
          well worth 3500.00 to 4200.00 NOT 500. and a can of cat food.
          I’m thinking your way high given the finish and really can’t tell a true value until you disassemble it and check for correct parts. Even with that, it’s probably a $1500 - $2000 give or take Colt.

Comment

The refinish may have a bigger impact . Looks like it may have been Parkerized? The original finish should have been blue. So did it go through an arsenal rebuild? This is the area where amateurs (like me) step back and find someone who can put hands on it to come up with a value.

Comment

Its ether a Colt , or Rem umc manufactured. It has the typical flat main spring housing of the 1911. I think the 1911a1 began production in 1924. Prices on gunbroker are all over the place 1,000 to 2,500$ for this type of vintage pistol. To me the Colt would be worth more, than the Remington. But that's just me. Its worth more than 500$, and the lady dosen't have a clue what she has. If I wanted it I would offer somewhere in the 1,000 to 1,200$ range.

Comment

I had another thought after I looked at the photo again. There isn't any way to know how many arsenal refinishers that pistol has had. It may have been in service for who knows how long. One more thought it could have been the very 1911 that Sergeant York used to round up all those germans. But information like that has been lost due to time. But the sky would be the limit on the price if historical events could be confirmed. For me I would want to pay a fair price, that way I could sleep at night.

Comment

I"ve got one too, handed to me by the father in law...it's a 1913 model...mine shoots lights out...the beaver tail hammer bites me right between the thumb and pointing finger...I think those thin iron sights make it a sharp shootin pistol too...

Comment

Did you buy it?

Comment

Didn't end up getting the opportunity sadly. I think she gave it to a relative before I could scoop it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X