No announcement yet.

Common Sense Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one way to stop an evil person is to kill them. Sure you can ban guns and whatever else but people are still going to own them. I'll be one of those people. That's just the way it is. It's a little late for that now.

If they ordered AR's and high capacity magazines to be turned in tomorrow I'd give that a hard pass. Everyone else I know would too. All they can do is put a stop to selling anymore from now on. The State of Oklahoma ain't like a lot of other States I can assure you. We'll still have them regardless and everyone else can kiss our ***. Gun control of any kind is nonsense. Plain and simple. It might fly in Illinois and California.....keep it there.
    Last edited by okrattler; 08-04-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Getting the Assault Style Rifles off the street would be impossible. No one would attempt it. A lot of whats on the books was taken to Mexico and sold. If the price was right they would just come back.

Comment

Mostly because theres no such thing as an 'assault style rifle'.
        Just the retarded approach of labeling something as scary while trying to propagate a politically motivated stance.
        Last edited by systemnt; 08-05-2019, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Why are people calling AR’s “assault rifles”?

Problem with finding middle ground is half the country doesn’t trust the other half. Gun owners have 0 trust in the government and everyone knows a relationship, partnership, or friendship without trust is essentially one that fails...

It sucks a stigma has formed around “mass shootings” because of guns when we have so many other things killing 10-100x’s the amount of people a year that people turn a blind eye to

Comment

Trump's newspaper buddy wants him to pass stronger background checks and ban weapons of war. I bet it happens.

Comment

Time to ban pressure cookers and propane. Also wire and batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Better control matches and gasoline as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire
                Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Do you really think that the government won’t abuse red flag laws? Do you really believe a red flag designation would prevent someone from obtaining a gun? Crazy people will find a way to cause death and destruction.
                Some people really need to pull their heads out of their rear ends enough to at least take a peep at our government, But they won't. They will believe what ever BS makes them feel good inside.

They will never ask why these people go crazy and shoot others. I mean really ask. IMO it has to do with the world we live in where everyone is taught from birth to be the victim. Everything is just soooooo unfair and it's 100% the other sides fault. Some people just can't handle it.

It's been hashed a gazillion times... Ban the evil black AR and the crazies will use the next best gun. Liberals will then push to ban that gun..and on and on.. All the way down to knives and gas... But there are always a few that just can't see this for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                  If the government was out to take our guns away, they would already be doing it. There are ways to write protections into law that criminalize their abuse.

I get that some people believe any "give" on gun control is just a step toward "their" (whoever they is) goal of taking all our guns away. I don't.

I believe the greatest risk is fighting everything / doing nothing as these shootings continue to happen. As the demographics continue to change NOT in our favor, I believe more and more people will see the only way to change anything will be to overturn the 2nd amendment.

Right now, even most Democrats don't support that. Most just want to make it harder for bad, crazy people to get guns and hopefully make these mass shootings less likely to occur.

You sure do post a lot of words that mean basically nothing and are so open ended it's just dumb. Not just this post BTW.

Absolutely hell freaking no to making it hard for "crazy" people to own a gun. Screw that because anyone with a brain can see that would screw nearly all gun owners. Seems like every single person now has a label. It would be just one step to say anyone with a label is unstable. So basically only those who lie could own a gun.

Comment

Speaking of common sense. The availability of guns has never been an issue. Up until the GCA on 1968 you could order one and have it sent directly to your house. No government paperwork or restriction. One mass shooting back then in 1966. By Charles Whitman who killed 14 and wounded 31 others. With a bolt action rifle by the way. Other than that incident very few if any until the 2000's. God knows there have been a multitude of gun laws passed since then. And they have prevented exactly what? So you want to pass more ineffective laws that only burden honest law abiding citizens?

Instead of blaming a tool maybe it would be a better idea to see what has changed in our society since then. Like killing unborn babies is okay but flip out when a mass shooting occurs. Failure of our education system? Failure of parents to instill values in their children?
                    Lack of religion?

Why no hue and cry to ban automobiles when a drunk driver kills a family? I mean if we're gonna blame the tool.

Comment

have no idea how to fix it, I can not see how more restricting fire arm laws with do anything. What I would like to see is instead of these creeps sitting in prison appeal after appeal waiting for a humane death. Why don’t we let the victims loved ones decide their fate and what ever it is do it publicly.

Comment

Let’s be honest, any new gun control measures will only pertain to the law abiding gun owner. If these mass shooters cared about laws they wouldn’t be killing people in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                          Let’s be honest, any new gun control measures will only pertain to the law abiding gun owner. If these mass shooters cared about laws they wouldn’t be killing people in the first place.
                          Well that's just..... common sense.

Comment

You cannot legislate morality...period.

With 80% receivers/3D printers...Good luck getting rid of guns...ever.
                            Only the law abiding will suffer.
                            Being the left is suffering and losing. They need this divisive topic to gain ground.
                            I would rather a dangerous freedom than a peaceful slavery any day.

Comment

Buy stock in Federal and Magpul......it's fixing to get crazy again.

Comment

How about starting with facts?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X