2018 Texas Deer Rule Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    So, I disagree with the points made by those that are happy about not extending the season but that is neither here nor there. From looking at the reasons people disagree (quail hunting, north Texas antler drop, etc), could there be a solution/compromise? What if the boundary between north and south was I-20 instead of 90? Or some other large east/west road farther north of the current dividing line? This would make the "south zone" include the hill country and open up a lot more hunting opportunity. Would those that are happy about it be opposed to a new line?
    They shot it down, it ain't happening... period, end of story.

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
    Any news on mule deer antler restrictions
    I think it passed, there was some discussion about adding additional counties to those proposed to the mulie AR as well, not sure which counties though.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      They shot it down, it ain't happening... period, end of story.
      Do they publish anything after today stating what the discussion was and/or reasons why it was shot down? Meeting minutes from today maybe? Just curious if they do. It would be nice to hear their reasons from them for their stupidity on this.

Comment

Yes meeting minutes will be archived on the TPWD website somewhere.

Comment

Glad they did not extended the season. Wish they would have kicked out the air gun and bow and archery regulation changes also.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
            Glad they did not extended the season. Wish they would have kicked out the air gun and bow and archery regulation changes also.
            They may have https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/rel...2018&nrsearch=
            The firearms manufacturers are powerful

Comment

Working...
            X