New Bow Hunter & TBH Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow Hunter & TBH Member

I would like to introduce to my TBH family, my Son-In-Law, Reaper311. For the past year or so, he has been practicing most everyday at his house from various distances (20-60 yards) Asking me questions about hunting, shooting and reading any material he could find on the subject. Little did he know that his life would change from a gun hunter to a FULL FLEDGED BOW HUNTER.

I had gotten an invite, for the both of us, to go out to a friend's lease to help with the doe population, the first weekend of December. We were set to leave on Thursday and hunt thru Sunday. We arrived around 11:30pm on Thursday night and quickly unpacked. After some fellowship and several adult beverages we head off to bed around 2:00am, Friday morning.

After a quick nap we found ourselves tucked into a blind overlooking a feeder pen. As the dark began to give way to light, we could see a few bucks and several doe working on the hand corn. With me behind the camera and my SIL behind the bow, both of us were hoping the deer would stick around until it was bright enough to see the sight pins. All the while, the bucks were pushing each other around, in search of the "golden nuggets." The doe were becoming more nervous by the minute, with all of the commotion the bucks were making. Finally one of the doe stopped 19 yards from the blind, slightly quartering away, and began to eat. My SIL raised his bow, anchored, settled the pin and sent a carbon missile, tipped with a Grim Reaper, towards her boiler room. She jumped sideways, spun and mule kicked, all in one motion, bolting from the feeder pen. After she disappeared out of sight we watched the video to confirm the shot placement.

Almost an hour after the shot we decided to pick up the trail. We climbed into the pen and located the arrow, which was covered in blood. My SIL started to follow the blood trail out of the pen and made it about 40 yards before he stopped and pointed at her laying in some brush. off to his left. We drug her out of the brush and took a couple LDP's before loading her up and getting her on ice.

He not only shot his FIRST deer with a bow, he also got his second deer with a bow later that weekend. On the trip home he told me that after shooting a deer with his bow, he could care less if he ever shoots one with a gun again.
    Attached Files

Welcome to your new addiction Reaper311 and congrats on the first bow harvest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the campfire

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job welcome to the fire sir.

Comment

Congratulations on your first bow kills!

Comment

Welcome. You now have the bug. You are in good company.

Comment

Congrats .
                  You'll be hooked now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Congrats on your first two and bow hunting will do that to you!!!

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Reaper, "lotta great folks here."

Comment

Welcome to the fire.

Comment

Welcome and Congrats. You'll have some fun here.

Comment

Howdy Reaper311! Welcome to the support group. I look forward to your constructive input.

God bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X