Need some red snapper recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been offshore the last 3 weekends and I have required a lot of snapper really looking for some recipes on the half shell and some are cut off the half shell . Something besides lemon and butter lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Italian seasoning, lemon, and some Italian dressing. Put it in foil on the pit with some little tomatoes and spinach. I like mesquite flavored charcoal. Ate it last night came out great

Comment

Off the half shell, turn on the oven to 500, put foil in pan, equal thickness on fish in the pan, Honey Dijon salad dressing on top with crushed saltines, ding the oven in ready, cook for 11-12 min, dinner is ready and clean up is throw away to foil, enjoy

Comment

try sushi... seriously just make a few cuts and put them on rice

Comment

Get a cast iron pan screaming hot and put a tablespoon of butter in the pan. Dust a filet with blackening seasoning and put in the skillet for 2-3 minutes per side. At that point I like to put it in a tortilla with some lettuce or slaw with tartar sauce and a little lemon. Really good!

Comment

This may sound crazy to some:

Fillet of snapper w/ light olive oil and fiesta fajita seasoning.
            Grill on aluminum foil sheet until almost done.
            Cover fillet with fresh pico. I use lime in my pico.
            After pico warms cover w/ jalapeno jack cheese and melt over fillets and pico.

Serve fillets over rice:
            Any white or brown rice works.
            Cook rice accordingly. Add several spoons of pico to rice.
            Add chili powder and salt to taste. Done.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I like to rub it down with olive oil and dust with blackening seasoning and make a cajun cream sauce to top it with. Gril or broil the fish. Sautee a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until golden brown, add 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of white wine, a tablespoon of minced parsley and cajun seasoning, stir till it's all warmed and mixed up then toss in a handful of grated parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Serve over the fish along with sauteed lump crabmeat. It's delicious on fish or even steaks! That's mommas request on top of a prime filet for fancy dinners!

Comment

Cast iron pan
                  Heat butter
                  Panko filets and cook until done
                  Remove and set aside
                  Add a bit more butter, fresh lemon, a little white wine or chicken broth to pick up the scrappings, and capers to make a quick lemon caper butter sauce to spoon on top

Comment

Fried in Bass Pro HotnSpicy batter is about the best thing you'll ever eat.

Comment

And the best meat in a snapper are the throats, so make sure you don’t throw them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I like to rub it down with olive oil and dust with blackening seasoning and make a cajun cream sauce to top it with. Gril or broil the fish. Sautee a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until golden brown, add 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of white wine, a tablespoon of minced parsley and cajun seasoning, stir till it's all warmed and mixed up then toss in a handful of grated parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Serve over the fish along with sauteed lump crabmeat. It's delicious on fish or even steaks! That's mommas request on top of a prime filet for fancy dinners!
                        Yessir

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3271.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24710240
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	24710241

Snapper between 2 buns is always preferred.

If you like to get a little saucy, Lemon Caper Chardonnay butter sauce.

Pan fry fillets- coat how you like them(mustard or egg wash) I use Panko or a lemon pepper bread crumb.

Sauce- start with a little oil and minced onion(preferably shallots) a bit of fine chop garlic. Only a couple minutes, add capers.
                          Then Chardonnay.
                          Reduce!
                          Add heavy cream and butter.
                          Reduce!
                          stir!
                          Salt to taste
                          Stir constantly.

If it the sauce “breaks” only executive chefs will scold you, not your guests.

Last edited by Mr. Public; 04-06-2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X