homemade biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homemade biscuits

I have been wanting to make some homemade biscuits and was wondering if anyone had a good recipe they would be willing to share. And have you tried cooking them in a dutch oven?

2 cup of Self Rising Flour and add Buttermilk, mix together till you make a dough that is not dry. It will be sticky,
    I use a castiron skillet, spray with a cooking spray, get a ball of the dough make as big or small as you want place in skillet after the skillet is full place in a 450 deg oven for 10-12 min or until golden brown.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB 1 View Post
      2 cup of Self Rising Flour and add Buttermilk, mix together till you make a dough that is not dry. It will be sticky,
      I use a castiron skillet, spray with a cooking spray, get a ball of the dough make as big or small as you want place in skillet after the skillet is full place in a 450 deg oven for 10-12 min or until golden brown.
      thats it? Self rising flour and buttermilk? sounds easy enough!

Comment

Bisquick is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Bisquick is hard to beat.
          X2 and just spoon some on the sheet. Don't roll. the way they do at Red Lobster, but not the cheese and herbs. I have that recipe somewhere to but not sure where right now.

Bisquick also good for dumplings.

Comment

the flour buttermilk recipe is good ive tried it b4

Comment

my granny taught me how to make biscuits like that. except she adds a little crisco and a touch of bakin powder. works great.

Comment

Instead of milk, try buttermilk or sour cream. Yummmy

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                  X2 and just spoon some on the sheet. Don't roll. the way they do at Red Lobster, but not the cheese and herbs. I have that recipe somewhere to but not sure where right now.

Bisquick also good for dumplings.
                  Yeah...we call those "drop" biscuits...not real pretty, but yummy.

Comment

If you want to get fancy, THESE are my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                      If you want to get fancy, THESE are my favs.
                      That is one of the best websites I've found for recipes. I've almost perfected my flour tortillas from that site and the carnitas are great also.

Comment

Working...
                      X