Steel target shooters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel target shooters.

What are y'all using to hold your steel targets. I'm looking to set up a steel target and thought I'd see what y all are using before I buy a stand. Any recommendations or easy diy ideas. Thanks in advance.

Firehose and a few bolts from tractor supply. Cheap, takes forever to wear out and your target won’t spin. If you need a hanger bracket then you can use a a 4x4 sink into the ground with a 2x4 arm off to the sides to hold the targets so you don’t shoot the upright

Comment

I go an old retired hose from local FD for free and I’ve had it for several years still have about 15 feet of hose left

Comment

I use firehose and bolts. I had a buddy make me bracket that will hold it up using rebar for the legs and cross member. It's portable but kind of a pain to set up and tear down. I also have a t post mount I bought that is a lot easier to set up.

Comment

looking for ideas myself

Comment

Pieces of rubber conveyor belt, fire hose and plain old chain will all work. Hangfast targets makes a simple tee post bracket that works well. I let the intended target dictate on the type of mount I use.

Comment

Chain or old ratchet straps I have laying around.

Comment

Local fire department gives me old hose for free. I have two giant spoils of it for different projects. May want to ask local fd!

Comment

Good ideas. I'll check with local vfd and use some old straps.

What are y'all using to hold the fire hoses or straps? Are y'all angling the gong down to influence the ricochet downward?
                  Last edited by Cody903; 01-01-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                    looking for ideas myself
                    This

Comment

Working...
                    X