$3500 Taken: Capt Lynn Waddell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3500 Taken: Capt Lynn Waddell

My fishing partner and I fished the Gulf Coast Trout Series on April 5-6 and came in 1st place. We waited for a couple of weeks, but no checks came for our winnings, $3500. We contacted Lynn Waddell, tournament director, and he stated that checks were being mailed. We did not receive our checks, so we called and text him. He stated that the Postal Service must have lost BOTH checks and that he would reissue them and get them on the way. The checks have still not arrived. We have contacted American Rodsmiths, you can see their involvement here, and they stated that they never wrote a check for first place, that Lynn said he was paying separately. In the previous tournament our winning's check was wrote by American Rodsmiths. A week ago Lynn text my fishing partner and said he would get it resolved, we still have not received a resolution and Lynn has not been in contact for several days.

I would hate for anyone else to have their earned money STOLEN from them, so please beware of Capt Lynn Waddell.
    Last edited by slayr; 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM.

Sad to hear, hopefully everything turns out good.

Comment

Wow ! Where is he out of ?

Comment

Do they have a FB page??

Comment

Never heard or seen where u didnt get ur $$ that day. Fishy ????

Comment

That sux!

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
              Do they have a FB page??
              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Crazy, I've heard him on the 610 Am fishing show many times. Hope he makes it right.

Comment

Yep, I have never heard of a tournament that didn't pay that day. Kind of odd.

Comment

Have heard a bunch of negative things about him. Sad deal because a good trout series is what we need on the coast and I think there would be enough money for the tournament series and fisherman to support it. Congrats on the win and I hope yall get all your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                      Wow ! Where is he out of ?
                      Galveston area

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                      Never heard or seen where u didnt get ur $$ that day. Fishy ????
                      It was odd to me too. The first tournament we fished it took 3 weeks to get our money, I guess that should have been a sign.

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
                        Yep, I have never heard of a tournament that didn't pay that day. Kind of odd.
                        Specktacular used to mail checks for top places I believe. It's been awhile but I remember them mailing me a check on at least one occasion. This tournament appears to be attached to the Specktacular or at least they share a website. You'd think American Rodsmiths would step up and make this right. Especially since the entry fee checks were paid to them. Good luck and stay on him. I've heard he's a real joy on guided trips.

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
                          Have heard a bunch of negative things about him. Sad deal because a good trout series is what we need on the coast and I think there would be enough money for the tournament series and fisherman to support it. Congrats on the win and I hope yall get all your money.
                          The series will now be run by David Salinas, who works with Sal Bautista running the Galveston Redfish Series. From what I have heard he is a stand up guy. Lynn Waddell will have absolutely no connection with the Gulf Coast Trout Series next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            Specktacular used to mail checks for top places I believe. It's been awhile but I remember them mailing me a check on at least one occasion. This tournament appears to be attached to the Specktacular or at least they share a website. You'd think American Rodsmiths would step up and make this right. Especially since the entry fee checks were paid to them. Good luck and stay on him. I've heard he's a real joy on guided trips.
                            Yes, this is the "Specktacular" Gulf Coast Trout Series.

Comment

I'm thinking an arse whupping is in order!

Comment

Working...
                              X