No announcement yet.

Fire Ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info......I'll be taking on 2 acres, at my new home.

Comment

I have used the bifen with great results!

Comment

Doesn't kill them all but is sure entertaining...take a shovel full from each mound and put it on another mound. They fight to the death trying to wipe each other out.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Napalm & nukes! Hate em, got bit this weekend fishing & had to hop in the pond.
          A cup of gas and a match.

Comment

I love how we get 30 responses, and all of them are different.

Fire ants, gotta love 'em! About as divisive a question as "best BBQ in Texas"!

Comment

I have been using Bifen IT for years now, it works great and kills all of the little creepy crawlies you don't want around. I havent found anything thats works this well as cheap as the Bifen.

Heres a link:http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

Comment

I spot treat the mounds with viper seems to work good for me

Comment

dont use that commercial advertised bs. go to a fertilizer/feed store and get some good stuff they hooked me up with a granuluar stuff called max force. worked pretty good on my 3 acres. one jug of it covered my whole 3 acres but it was $83.00 for the jug.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                    X2. I've been using this for years. Kills them in a day or two. Works every time.
                    X3 works great and only need a little

Comment

I got my hands on some Orthene 97 that they are spraying on our sunflowers. The list of insects it kills is crazy!!! It says to mix 3/4 oz to 5 gallon of water then apply 1 gallon per mound and surrounding 2' perimeter.....

Its forecast to rain on saturday, i'll try to get it put out on sunday and will post results. The 10# bag was $67.....

Comment

About a liter of club soda into each mound, repeat in a couple of days

Comment

I really like the Bifen, but let us know how it works, I might change. Looks like it covers a larger area.

Comment

i cant figure out why not amdro... you use like one "box" per acre and it takes care of them... use it when i need it abnd works great... corse we have only goten about two inches of rain here this whold spring so not many ants.... so i guess drought works well too...

Comment

diatomaceous earth

Comment

Our Plymouth Rock Hen (Chicken) eats them. And I mean all of them! Stands over a mound and pigs out until it's empty.

Haven't had to kill fire ants for two years. I used to have to three times a season.

I really like that chicken!

Comment

Working...
                                X