Short bows for long draw lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short bows for long draw lengths

What brand and styles allow for shooting a 30” draw length on a shorter amo? I have a bear grizzly that’s 58” and is almost impossible to shoot. Currently using a 64” with a 21” riser. Would like to go as short as possible and remain somewhat shootable. I know the best way is to shoot as many bows as possible, but is there some brands that are known for this?

I havent shot a wood bow yet, no matter the length that didnt stack at around 29".

IMO if you want a short bow that is smooth all the way through I'd look at a short ILF setup with carbon/foam limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
      I havent shot a wood bow yet, no matter the length that didnt stack at around 29".

IMO if you want a short bow that is smooth all the way through I'd look at a short ILF setup with carbon/foam limbs.
      So for a shorter bow with a longer draw I’d need to look for something that’s as much limb as possible with a short as possible riser?

Comment

Shrew bows are famous for short length and Ron LaClair draws 30"+

Comment

Java man Archery, or Toelke Traditional Archery(Montana Bows), give them a call...they don't get any better. Good luck.
          Also, give Mike at Maddog Archery a call, see what he says.

Comment

To get a comfortable shooting bow in those specs it will need to be a hybrid limb design.Big Jim Bows has a Thunder Child and Toelke has one called a Pika.I am sure there are others but the ones listed are very popular.CritterGetter on here has Primal Tech bows and would be another great source of information.

Comment

I draw over 30 and have a 62" Centaur glass bow that feels like I could pull past my head with no stack. I would try a 60" Centaur glass model and see if its good. My money says it'll be great. I also have a 58" Kempf longbow that stacks pretty bad but I shoot it good. Think the stack tells my brain to not overdraw.

Comment

Bob lee bows is now making a 15” riser again which would allow for longer limbs on a shorter riser.

Comment

Originally posted by RUM Mann View Post
                  Bob lee bows is now making a 15” riser again which would allow for longer limbs on a shorter riser.
                  I've been looking at those but thinking of sticking with the ILF system and get a 17" Tradtech Carbon Lobo or a Hoyt Satori.

Comment

I see where shrew has a new bow coming out that's really short glass backed for long draw lengths .

Comment

Working...
                    X