• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

4yo

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        I’m leaning toward 4. Are some guys wanting to kill this future potential giant?

Sounds like your lease rule is 5 or older. Just because a deer is 5 doesn’t mean you HAVE to kill him. Give him at least 3 more years and y’all will be glad you did.
        Actually, my brother saw this buck and sent me pictures. I told him he looked young so I wouldn’t shoot. After, we kept going back and forth (he thought he was 5.5+, I said no way past 4.5IMO). Then I saw this buck the next day and started second guessing (I think I was letting the horns get to me, but ultimately couldn’t find anything to make him appear older).

This was just my test to see if anybody else saw anything that could make this deer be 5.5 because I just couldn’t.

Comment

I'm still at 3 maybe 4, he would get a pass for a couple of years on our place. We try to wait until 6 or over but it's hard to judge at time.

Comment

Hill country he is at least 4.
            I Hunted Blanco for 20 years

Comment

I am leaning toward 4.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  I’m leaning toward 4. Are some guys wanting to kill this future potential giant?

Sounds like your lease rule is 5 or older. Just because a deer is 5 doesn’t mean you HAVE to kill him. Give him at least 3 more years and y’all will be glad you did.
                  I second this, no way would I shoot this deer until 7.

Comment

You have a potential stud in that buck. I would definitely let him roll another year.

Comment

He looks 5+ to me, to thickly muscled to be young, mature head and face.

Comment

A lot from your pics say 3.5 to me. Could possibly be 4.5 from what I can see in ONE of the pictures.

Comment

4.5 max

Comment

At a MINIMUM, give him two more years. No reason at all to kill him this year.

Comment

Comment

No older then 4.5 . Future giant

Comment

Working...
                                X