Question about TV at the lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about TV at the lease.

We setup a TV at our new lease this weekend because we all like to watch college football on Saturdays between and after the hunts. I brought an extra Direct TV box from my home in Houston area which works great. The only problem is that my account is setup to receive the local channels (which most of the bigger games come on) in Houston and when I am at the lease in the Hill Country we do not get local channels. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

The solution that we think will work this best is to just use an antenna for the local channels. What changes were made now that everything is digital? Can you still just plug the cable from the antenna into the TV and it will work?

Sorry for the questions that are off subject but I do not know when the last time I used a TV Antenna was.

One of the guys at my lease had the same problem, I guess he had to call DirectTV and give them the address (for the lease) for the local channels to work.....At least I think he did.

Comment

If you are going to use an antennae , you need a converter box . The other option might be to call Direct TV and switch your local channels to the zip code of your lease and then change it back when you return home . . .

Comment

X2 with the digital converter! You must have this for any local channels using antenna.

Comment

If you have a modern tv you don't need a converter box to watch local channels. The difference is they are now broadcast in digital formats, older tv's could not convert it. If your tv is less than 5-10 years old you should have no problem watching local on an antenna. I have an old Antenna on my roof and when I was waiting for my new service I was getting local channels on my living room TV with just a coax cable to the antenna.

Comment

X3 on the digital converter UNLESS your TV has a digital tuner in it?

Comment

Sumpin don't sound right to me. Did the setup get local channels in Houston? If it worked there why wouldn't it work at the lease? The box don't know where it is

I don't get local channels through satellite so it is possible there is something I am missing.
              Last edited by cheez; 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cheez View Post
                Sumpin don't sound right to me. Did the setup get local channels in Houston? If it worked there why wouldn't it work at the lease? The box don't know where it is

I don't get local channels through satellite so it is possible there is something I am missing.
                I agree. You should get Houston local regardless of where the box is.

Comment

Local channels are broadcast on satellite via spot beam satellites. If you are out of the track of the spot beam, you will not receive the signal at your receiver. There are too many local channel markets for DirecTV and Dish to try to carry all locals broadcast all the time to all markets, so they've gone to spot beam technology to reduce costs of carrying local channels.

Comment

I have direct TV in my travel trailer, get local chanels where ever I go. I travel long distances and never had to change it.

Comment

Lord help me if I ever get a TV to watch football on at the lease. My wife would have to come get me and drag me home. It's bad enough as it is.

Comment

Something sounds wrong. We used to have extra boxes at our lease from an account based in DFW. We still got the local channels from DFW.

I think you need to call DirecTV, but I would be careful mentioning you moved the box to your lease. Just call them from the lease and tell them a receiver is not getting the local channels and go from there.

Comment

Itis because the dish is not pointed the right direction. I konw on Dish network they are on the 110 sattellite. If 119 is at 50+ you get all other channels. But if 110 is not at 50+ then the locals will not come on.

Comment

You do not have something right, it doesn't matter where that box it, you should get local channels, I do and always have.

Comment

At our lease we have to use two dishes, one for local and one for the cable channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X