ATV Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV Trailer

As some of you may know, I was looking for some 4 wheeler tires and rims at one time so that I build a trailer to pull behind my 4 wheeler.

You can't go and buy one that is sturdy, same width as the 4 wheeler, has the same ground clearance as your 4 wheeler and that will haul 20 plus bags of corn...or 3 deer...or several hogs...and that will last a lifetime.

My lowboy trailer that I haul my 4 wheeler on is a 5 X 13...so I wanted one that I could attach to the 4 wheeler and just drive up on my lowboy and haul. Only thing is, my lowboy was too short...so I made my new 4 wheeler trailer with an adjustable tongue. Just pull on the trailer, pull the pin, slide the 4 wheeler trailer up, re-pin, close the gate and drive off...

I used 1 1/4 inch schedule 80 pipe for the axle, spindles and hubs came from Northern Supply (4 bolt on 4 inch hiway hubs), heavy wall 2 inch squared tubing for the tongue housing, 1 1/2 inch heavy wall squared tubing for my frame and adjustable tongue, hitch coupler from Tractor Supply and pin from Tractor Supply. I bought the tires and rims at the local Kawaski shop here...they were take offs and were $50 each. The lumber is treated deck board. The carriage bolts, nuts and washers came from Tractor Supply. The back of the trailer slides up and out for carrying long things like ladder stands, etc...
    In all...I spent about $350 in materials.

Here are some pics of the build:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Knight in Mossy Oak; 12-03-2008, 06:42 PM.

Veddy Nice!!!!!!

Comment

Well done, Tom! Now I have to build one. Good thing I have a 3 wheeler rearend. No building fluids? I don't see any dead soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
        No building fluids? I don't see any dead soldiers.
        Nope...I wanted everything square!!!

Comment

thats sweeeeet!! nice job.

Comment

it's not right if it's square

Comment

nice job on that. I need to make me one for my 4 wheeler one of these days.

Comment

nice job

Comment

great looking trailer. This is why I need a welder.

Comment

Nice trailer!!!

Comment

Cool , that's how the tongue on my Swisher mower works & I haul it the same way.

Comment

now i know what to do with those old wheels! thanks, good job

Comment

Love it!

Comment

I have one very similar and it has saved us several times. You are going to love it too. I did not build mine. I bought mine from a welder. Wish I had your talents.

Comment

Great looking wagon you got there!!
                              Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X