Refinished my Rizzini Aurora TT25 O/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refinished my Rizzini Aurora TT25 O/U

Here is my Rizzini Aurora TT25 that I refinished with duracoat last year. Its my comp shotgun I think it turned out really well. Blueing was wearing down fairly good and I wanted something different. but wanted to keep some black and the gold inlay Aurora on it so this is how it turned out. There is a before photo also.
    Before

After

That's really cool

Comment

Can you please post directions on how you did that? I have a gun I would like to try it on.

Comment

That looks sweet. You did a good job on that one.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Very sweet!

Comment

Nice! I have a Super X1 that I am refinishing.

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

very nice!

Comment

I can walk you through the process that I did but I don't have step by step pictures.
                    1. took the gun apart and cleaned thoroughly with acetone.
                    2. (The tedious part) I taped and cut all of the lines that I didnt want to spray over. Took about 1.5 hours to get it perfect
                    3. Next I had to figure out a way to hang it so I took a 12ga hull and popped the primer out and fed a wirer through it and then put it through the barrel and in the chamber as if the barrel was loaded and hung it from the wire.
                    4. I put acetone in my spray gun and sprayed the entire gun, ensuring that I didn't miss any grease or oil spots.
                    5. I used Duracoat from brownells and started with the 1st of 5 coats.
                    6. I would do one coat and let it set for about 2 hours and then hit it again. I did this until the last coat where I wet sanded anything that bulged or ran or got in the duracoat during the drying process.
                    7. I finished it off with one last coat and then 2 coats of flat clear coat. Make sure you do flat or the sunlight will not be pleasant coming off your gun
                    8. Lastly I pealed the tape and then had to retape because I pulled some of the coating off with the tape. I did 2 more layer over where I pulled off.
                    9.I pulled it inside and let it sit for 2 days before really even handling and it can take up to a month for the stuff to full cure so I didn't shoot it for a month.

I have put about 250rds down the tube and it is still holding up awesome. Not peeling or any of that. Other than my time, it cost about $35 in materials but well worth it.
                    Last edited by BamaPSE; 03-13-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Wow! That looks way better than before.

Comment

Appreciate it guys! If anyone has any duracoat projects let me know. Would love to come and help

Comment

Working...
                        X