Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a tack driving AR platform rifle, then check out 6mmar or jprifles is another, add the .com to those two or google.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
      still waiting on the ammo to hit the shelf like was said to have happened back in the end of Jan.... Midway is backordered until the end of march so im losing faith in this mad rush to get 5m rds out. i do realize that some stores have small quantities, but im not impressed thus far. nice marketing, poor delivery.
      Add six months to two years to any timeline that AAC or Magpul puts out.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        Add six months to two years to any timeline that AAC or Magpul puts out.
        the same thing happened with the 6.8 round, so time will tell. It's just a PITA for Silvers to be touting a nice round like he has helped develop, only to be stiffed by the people he needs to make his market.

That 338 spectre has me interested tho

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
          Hmmmmmm.

An AR in a 30~30 flavor would be cool!
          ask and ye shall receive quite a bit of work went into that little gem.

Comment

Originally posted by vortech347 View Post
            You can now get 85, 100 and 110 grain Barnes bullets. 115 grain Core Lokted Remingtons, 110 grain Nosler Accubonds and other projectiles.
            the one that seems to sit well into this whole 6.8 round for my ease of mind is the 95gr TTSX. It just "feels" like the most potent offering for the caliber, as the 115 seems too slow, and the 85 seems to be just a tad too light even with it clocking in at 3050fps from SSA. the 95 has given me a warm fuzzy since i saw its offering.

Comment

Yep, just need a crescent wrench.
              Hope I don't hurt nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                Hope I don't hurt nothing
                you may need another crush washer, but thats about it. the finish wont be hurt on the old or the new.

Comment

Yep, just need a crescent wrench.
                  Unless he has a welded/pinned flash hider.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Unless he has a welded/pinned flash hider.
                    And a cheater pipe

Comment

Ordered my barrel and my BCG today for my 6.8 build. Ended up going with a barrel from Rainer.

Features:

* Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
                      * Length: 16″
                      * Twist: 1:11
                      * 6.8 SPC SPEC II Chamber
                      * 4 Groove
                      * Midlength Gas System
                      * Ratchet Rifling™
                      * M4 Feed Ramps
                      * Proprietary Contour
                      * Bead Blasted Finish
                      * Threaded 5⁄8 x 24 TPI

Getting closer!!!

Comment

For your viewing pleasure kiddo's!

Dang, I need to lose those last 15 lbs. That camera still has me weighing 240!

That was my 5th mag using it. I'm quite impressed actually. The stock looks far uglier in photos than it does on your gun.

Search Youtube for

Mesquite Country Bump Fire

Here is the link

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Vd94NgNA4"]YouTube - Mesquite Country Slide Fire Solutions Bump Fire Test[/ame]

I listed a review in the description.
                        Last edited by mesquitecountry; 03-01-2011, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Travis,
                          Couple of questions.

What amount of added weight does it add to the weapon?
                          Does it interfere with the balance and overall feel of the weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by Tilladaddy View Post
                            Travis,
                            Couple of questions.

What amount of added weight does it add to the weapon?
                            Does it interfere with the balance and overall feel of the weapon?
                            Honestly you would think it would be a bit of a hokie novelty but honestly it works much better than anticipated.

I have not weighed it but it feels no different than a ctr weight wise to me.

I added some grip tape to the grip to give it a little more tac on my grip.

I've only shot one M16 in my life. It has a little more action from the stock but after you fire it up a few mags you are used to it.

From what I've seen so far.

AR15 product of the year. If this company was public I'd be throwing chips at it.

For all the AR snobs try it. Honestly.

Comment

For all the AR snobs try it. Honestly.
                              do you think the cost is more in the 'idea' or the mfg process / materials / etc...i would be more inclined to throw that sort of coin towards another can and just shoot yours

Comment

I must say Travis,
                                I’ve been ranking this as a BARf.com gadget,
                                But after watching your video, I may have to build up another lower.

Set up a target at 25m and let’s see how controlable it is on target.

Comment

Working...
                                X