If you found out Santa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you found out Santa....

was bringing you a Ruger .204, what glass would you top it with? I am not looking to drop 2K for a scope, but somewhere in the range of 2-300 dollars.

Burris 200344 is really tough to beat for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Swfa ss 10x42

Comment

I will check them out, what is it about them you like or dislike?

Comment

Check out the scopes at primary arms.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

You're gonna love that gun. I don't gun hunt game animals, but I love my .204 for killing hogs and predators. I will say that I have a lot of guns and a bunch of scopes, and I put the best piece of glass that i've ever bought on my .204. You can reach out and touch with that brutally fast round, so don't let your glass limit you.

Comment

The best glass you can afford.

I think my next rifle will be a .204. They look like a blast to shoot.

Comment

Vortex crossfire II

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    You're gonna love that gun. I don't gun hunt game animals, but I love my .204 for killing hogs and predators. I will say that I have a lot of guns and a bunch of scopes, and I put the best piece of glass that i've ever bought on my .204. You can reach out and touch with that brutally fast round, so don't let your glass limit you.
                    I fully understand, Looking for a good deal on a great scope. My killing field around the house is a max of 350 - 400 yards. So, I could be wrong, but I feel I don't need ( but I would like to have ) 1K plus glass. And honestly, most shots are going to be sub 200 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      The best glass you can afford.

I think my next rifle will be a .204. They look like a blast to shoot.
                      Agreed, but in this case it is not so much as what I can afford, but what is practical for the intended use. I don't want really cheap, but not over the top either. Now if I was getting one of the high dollar 2k tack driver 204's, yes I would put an equally impressive scope on it. I fully agree with your comment, just giving you some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                        Agreed, but in this case it is not so much as what I can afford, but what is practical for the intended use. I don't want really cheap, but not over the top either. Now if I was getting one of the high dollar 2k tack driver 204's, yes I would put an equally impressive scope on it. I fully agree with your comment, just giving you some insight.

Nothing wrong with Nikon IMO.

Comment

I'd ask him to trade it for a Black Widow PSR.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I'd ask him to trade it for a Black Widow PSR.

Gary
                            I shot a recurve for a while back in my younger days. The thing that always got to me was that dang thing would shoot exactly where I pointed it instead of where I was looking. Come to think of it, my compound will do that too.

Comment

That’s a great shooting gun! I had one for several years and killed a ton of game with it. Please, don’t limit the capabilities of that gun with a $200 scope! You can get a good Leupold for around $600.

Comment

Working...
                              X