Blind next to fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind next to fence

I would like opinions on placing a blind on the property line fence.

I have never done it and would never do it.

My neighbor has a blind five feet from my fence where he has two feeders set up on his ten acres of wide open (not one tree) land. Hard to believe they don’t intend to hunt my place (lots of mature mesquite) from that blind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will the deer be shoots be on your place? Or his?

Comment

Have you reached out to him. I would try this approach first. If that didn’t work I would put up a section of fencing that is high enough to keep deer from jumping over. Just about 500 yards long.

Comment

Put you one up on your side right by it. See if they get the message.

Comment

I'd ask him to move it. He's obviously hunting trying to draw deer off your property.

Comment

Better than him placing it in the middle and shooting towards you

Comment

We have this same thing at our lease. We just don’t worry about it because it is their right to hunt even if they use our cover. We have a feeder about 500yds from his set and we have very low pressure in turn holding the deer. Most mature bucks won’t get out in the open like that unless they’re cruising for doe.

Comment

We have a neighbor that has two feeders that are about 10 yards off the fence. The stands are set up where if he shoots at deer under feeder bullet will be going directly across our fence. Nothing you can do about, unless he is caught in the act.

Comment

If he is shooting into his property no big deal.

Comment

We have 3 different places that are on one of our fence lines and they all do the same thing since they are all open and we have the brush. Its their property and their right. We don't like it, but "it is what is" as long as they stay on their side. We always have the option to high fence it on our dime if things get out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Better than him placing it in the middle and shooting towards you
                      Yes sir

Comment

I'd high fence him out...

Comment

Have you ever talked to the landowner? Prolly just another good ole boy trying to feed his family like some of us are... Drawing deer on his property? Well yes that is what a feeder's are intended for... Now shooting across fence lines is illegal and unsafe , so that would be an issue for me.. You ever see them hunt?

Comment

Seems like a man who making the best of his situation. Not everyone an afford a large place and 8d bet his 10 is a dream come true. So unless he is caught actually doing something illegal I dont think I'd say a thing.

Comment

OP how big is your place?

Comment

Working...
                              X