New versus Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New versus Old

How many of ya'll still prefer to carry, hunt with, shoot a good ol wood stocked rifle versus one of the new synthetic, bead blasted, stainless rifles? I guess I'm just getting nostalgic in my older age but I find myself pulling the old Savage 300 or Winchester 30-30 out of the safe more and more when I'm headed to the lease. I killed my first buck this year with my Rem 700 243 synthetic stock gun and my second with my uncles old 300 savage that he left me. It just felt "more right" with the old gun. I'm planning on carrying the Winchester 30-30 the rest of the season to shoot hogs and look forward to the feel of the old lever gun in my hands.

I'm only 33 I still prefer Woodstock rifle 308. , and my marlin 336w , my opinion I just dont get the suppressed rifles for hunting

Comment

my go to is a 1973 marlin straight grip 1895 in 45-70,,, next to that is a marlin 1894 in 44 mag from 1979

Comment

In Texas, my '83 Rem Model Seven in 6mm is the choice every time. We never miss.

Comment

I hunt with a 30-06 that I bought 40 years ago. I only have 2 rifles, and I just like this one better. It has a wood stock, but I would not care what kind of stock it had, I would still use it

Comment

Im going to take my great grandpas 300 savage out this weekend if I get to site it in by Friday. I dont rifle hunt much and I like to taje this one out every few years. Keep that legacy going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am an equal opportunity employer of rifles.

Comment

Love the wood stocks but synthetic more durable and practical. To me a Firearm is a tool.

Comment

My go to rifle is a Pedersoli 1871 Remington rolling block I've been hunting with the last 6 years. And yes it is wood and blued. Call me nostalgic!

Comment

I am a blued steel and walnut guy period. Don't like the other ones, although I do have a .22 revolver and a Ruger 1911 in stainless.

Comment

I was just thinking about breaking out my grandpa's 300 savage this weekend but it's too long a poke for the stand I'm planning on. Only had the original 2x scope and enjoyed many a hunt with it. Really enjoy my new.308 though.

Comment

I like them but that's not necessarily all I use. My favorite rifle has a wood stock and is stainless. But I've killed a butt load of critters with rifles,shotguns and pistols that are a little more on the modern side. I like huntin with them all. As long as it shoots straight and functions reliably I'll use whatever I can.

Comment

All of my rifles are wooden stocked and blued. Mainly because they didn’t offer options at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
                            I'm only 33 I still prefer Woodstock rifle 308. , and my marlin 336w , my opinion I just dont get the suppressed rifles for hunting

Hunting suppressed is awesome. No hearing protection needed, no hearing damage and you can definitely tell when you hit.

Sounds like a baseball bat against a side of beef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post

Do you hate freedom?

Comment

Working...
                              X