Barrel length for 300 BLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel length for 300 BLK

I plan to get a 300 BLK upper for Christmas and was wondering what barrel length you guys prefer? This will be going on a pistol upper and my sole purpose will be to use it to kill a few pigs at night and i will most likely add a photon. My budget is limited so I've decided on going with a Palmetto and the options are 7.5", 8.5", or 10.5" with or without flash cans? Also will I be better suited with the 1/8 twist vs 1/7 since I plan to shoot only supers with no plans to suppress? Any info will be greatly appreciated so I can get this think ordered!

Mine is 10.5". I like it. Plenty accurate for minute of hog ear.

Comment

10.5 here, 1/7. And a 16.5 bolt gun.

Comment

8-9” is all that’s needed on a Blackout.

Of the choices you mentioned I would get the 8.5” barrel and 7 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm weird & went 11.5...I like longer rails

Comment

I had a 8.3 inch upper with a flash can on it. I liked it fine and killed at least 30 pigs with it. The only reason I got rid of it was that a buddy of mine liked it and made me an offer I couldn't resist. I ended up replacing it with a 12.5 inch 6.5 Grendel upper just for something different. My only complaint with unsuppressed AR's with short barrels is that ear pro is a must or your ears will be ringing for days.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Does the flash can actually do anything to keep the noise tolerable for a shot or 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                8-9” is all that’s needed on a Blackout.

Of the choices you mentioned I would get the 8.5” barrel and 7 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                7 twist will work better than 8 for supers on the 8.5 inch? Thanks!

Comment

16"

I've killed pigs from 5 to 300 yards with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                    I had a 8.3 inch upper with a flash can on it. I liked it fine and killed at least 30 pigs with it. The only reason I got rid of it was that a buddy of mine liked it and made me an offer I couldn't resist. I ended up replacing it with a 12.5 inch 6.5 Grendel upper just for something different. My only complaint with unsuppressed AR's with short barrels is that ear pro is a must or your ears will be ringing for days.
                    So the flash can doesn't help much? Not opposed to wearing ear protection and should always wear it really, but sometimes a quick shot presents itself and I'd rather not blow my ears out if I can help it! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                      So the flash can doesn't help much? Not opposed to wearing ear protection and should always wear it really, but sometimes a quick shot presents itself and I'd rather not blow my ears out if I can help it! Lol
                      It definitely helps, but it's still gonna be loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        It definitely helps, but it's still gonna be loud.
                        Thanks!

Comment

8.5” and 1/8 should do just fine for supers. And a suppressor is a great option to cut noise

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                              8.5” and 1/8 should do just fine for supers. And a suppressor is a great option to cut noise
                              Thanks and that's a super nice looking rig you have!

Comment

Working...
                              X