Living in Arkansas? Tax Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
    Arkansas does has state income tax, but State income taxes paid are deductible on your federal income tax.
    Personal property taxes are a yes, but they don't amount to much unless you have a lot of boats, cars, trailers, etc.
    Property taxes on real estate are way less in Arkansas.
    For example, the taxes on my house in Huntsville, TX are about $3,500/yr.
    Taxes on my similarly-valued house in Conway, AR are about $1,300/yr.
    House insurance is cheaper also, so is auto insurance.

My over-65 LIFETIME hunting and fishing license is $35.50...just once, not every year.
    Wildlife numbers? Plenty...and plenty of public places to hunt and fish, especially if bow hunting.
    What else do you want to know.
    By the way, I grew up in Conroe.
    Did you have son that graduated in 92?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Lower cost to hunt will offset the tooth tax.
      $350 a year for non resident..... not sure it is cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Well, I have acknowleged my ignorance, please enlighten me.
        I grew up in East TX and just like anywhere else location means everything

I currently live in Oklahoma and have a ranch here as well so I can only speak of my experience here and not Arkansas.

Property/Equipment tax on 393 acres is $394.

Primary residence appraised at $290,000 is $2100 annually.

State Income Tax around $3500

Primary residence in Denton TX prior to moving for the same appraised value home was $10,400 annually.

Our plans when we retire in 18 yrs is to move to Hot Springs and live on Lake Hamilton, but keep our residency here in Oklahoma at the ranch for tax purposes.

I have developed a couple of properties on this site and sold one to a fellow TBHer as well as finding properties for many more. They will all testify that the quantity and quality of the animals exceed what the vast majority experience in Texas. I have many colleagues that hunt Arkansas religiously and their reports mirror our experience here in Oklahoma. Just remember there are many opportunities outside of Texas, but the question that anyone must answer is whether the opportunity presented to relocate maximizes the most benefit and opportunity to you Hope this helps and provides a little snap shot of life here! Feel free to PM me if I can clarify or answer any other questions
        Last edited by Darton; 12-12-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Been in Texas longer than being raised in Ark but would love to retire there. Lake Ouachita holds a special place in my heart. More public ground than you could ever cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            I grew up in East TX and just like anywhere else location means everything

I currently live in Oklahoma and have a ranch here as well so I can only speak of my experience here and not Arkansas.

Property/Equipment tax on 393 acres is $394.

Primary residence appraised at $290,000 is $2100 annually.

State Income Tax around $3500

Primary residence in Denton TX prior to moving for the same appraised value home was $10,400 annually.

Our plans when we retire in 18 yrs is to move to Hot Springs and live on Lake Hamilton, but keep our residency here in Oklahoma at the ranch for tax purposes.

I have developed a couple of properties on this site and sold one to a fellow TBHer as well as finding properties for many more. They will all testify that the quantity and quality of the animals exceed what the vast majority experience in Texas. I have many colleagues that hunt Arkansas religiously and their reports mirror our experience here in Oklahoma. Just remember there are many opportunities outside of Texas, but the question that anyone must answer is whether the opportunity presented to relocate maximizes the most benefit and opportunity to you Hope this helps and provides a little snap shot of life here! Feel free to PM me if I can clarify or answer any other questions

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              The position would be in Flippin. Would like to live around Yellville. I called the tax office today and they said the property taxes on a $300k home would be about $2700 and the taxes on a 2017 Crew Cab diesel would run about $300.
              Ranger?

Have you ever spent time in the area? For an outdoorsman, it’ll be a pleasant change from the Longview area, to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                Ranger?

Have you ever spent time in the area? For an outdoorsman, it’ll be a pleasant change from the Longview area, to say the least!

No comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  10-4, wish you the best with your decision!

If you land a good job, you’ll be eatin high on the hog. The economy isn’t NEAR what it is around your house though (if anything were to happen). Lot of opportunity in your area when I was working down there.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
                    Been in Texas longer than being raised in Ark but would love to retire there. Lake Ouachita holds a special place in my heart. More public ground than you could ever cover.
                    Voice of reason, not to mention spelling Ouachita correctly.

You won't regret it, I would in a heartbeat except for the divorce from my DFW wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                      I'm almost betting that after a couple of years being there and seeing the amount of wildlife, you won't have that lease anymore unless you have a lot of sentimental value in it.

This is a fact

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        They dont put beans in their chili in Arkansas either, they caint chew em.

Haven't met a person yet that makes manwich and calls it chili

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post

Cousin...sister marrying is an Alabama thing

And legal in Texas too..... it's not legal in Arkansas

Look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            Ranger?

No kidding! I hope he likes trout fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                              $350 a year for non resident..... not sure it is cheaper
                              I beg to differ sir, per AGFC regs, if the OP is a resident (and he stated he was moving)- Combination Sportsman’s License (CS), Entitles holder to the privileges of the Resident Sportsman’s License (RS) and the Resident Fisheries Conservation License (FSH). Valid through June 30. $35.50

Seems a tad less costly than a Texas Combo.

Comment

The position would be in Flippin. Would like to live around Yellville. I called the tax office today and they said the property taxes on a $300k home would be about $2700 and the taxes on a 2017 Crew Cab diesel would run about $300.

Yellville is a great area..... I'm in the Harrison and Mtn Home area every week for work. Very nice up there

Comment

Working...
                                X