Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear about this Collin county buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
    I hate that it takes away from the accomplishment. Shooting a old swamp donkey that’s been hiding in the brush eluding hunters for 7 or 8 years is a big difference than it would be shooting someone’s breeder buck that hopped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can understand that, but if I killed a free range monster, and someone said that, it wouldn't take anything away from my accomplishment. Some say it in jest, others are just jealous, and in a few cases it's true

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
      You don’t even need a fence, just feed double down
      Nah, Buck Ration

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I can understand that, but if I killed a free range monster, and someone said that, it wouldn't take anything away from my accomplishment. Some say it in jest, other are just jealous, and in a few cases it's true

Yeah I wouldn’t care what others thought either but having the thought in the back of my mind would take away from me. Our neighbor shot a really nice 140” one year with his bow. He was showing me the pics and when I complemented him he kinda shrugged his shoulders and made the comment that “he probably just jumped out of y’alls place”. I assured him we’ve never seen the deer on camera but he wasn’t having it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          Nah, Buck Ration
          They posted our buck and tried to take some credit for it. We might’ve fed 10-15 bags of it this year, and all after growing season. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
            Nah, Buck Ration
            Uh oh! North vs South rivalry lol. Double Down vs Buck Ration...I smell a new thread comin

Comment

Monster

Comment

I let a 200” deer walk this eve. I wanted no part of that thing.

Comment

Anyone hear about this Collin county buck?

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  No boom sticks & H genetics they get big. TPWD has actually transported some of those red river deer to other WMA's in the state to see if they can duplicate the same free range trophy class.

No big deer along the Red River. Stop spreading rumors....I like what we pay for our lease just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                    They posted our buck and tried to take some credit for it. We might’ve fed 10-15 bags of it this year, and all after growing season. Lol
                    Ya we didnt even hunt the place till November 6th! Buck was killed Thanksgiving morning!

And even then.....I had 100s of pics of this deer.....but used plane ole corn! But if buck ration wants to claim they help grow and bring in this deer....oh well....we know the truth.

I doubt more than 4 bags of the buck ration was used. Chad only has a 80lb feeder.

Comment

You don’t even need a fence, just feed double down
                      Pea gravel is better!

Comment

He’d make the grease stink.

Skinny

Comment

Great buck

Comment

I know that in that glorious county just north of Collin County, there used to be a game warden who was notorious for confiscating bruiser bucks under the claim of an investigation.
                            Sure there's a reason he's not a GW anymore actually I know there is.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                              Sad that a man can't kill a nice deer without having to worry about the drama to go with it. People act like they have a right to know then rumors start flying. Jealousy sets in and next thing you know its "questionable". At best, people start trying to horn in on your spot immediately. At worst they crucify you and call the law. Then the GW starts poking around and even if he finds nothing wrong, he has no problem telling the whole county exactly where the deer actually was killed.
                              the problem is we see all manner of things claimed on here that end up being false. hell, the biggest fiasco of last year played out on this very board where a regular poster turned out to be a poacher.

it's made us all very leery.

Comment

Sorry bud, but I don’t post photos online. Too easy to figure out where someone is and my location is too easy to poach
                                Did you take the LDP by a road sign?

Comment

Working...
                                X