Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s a tight spot buy the flexible pipe connection works great

Comment

As said above, do a proper repair with new fittings and pipe.

Comment

What about flex seal?

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
          What about flex seal?

Why? Very easy fix as listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Flex seal won't hold pressure.

Comment

Easy fix. PVC is about as easy as plumbing gets.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Gotcha, I was thinking the tape would suffice. Doing one of the other mentioned fixes won't take long.

Comment

They make a tape that home depot sells that you soak in water and wrap around the pipe even at a fitting connection. My buddy used some on a pool pump pipe outside and it is a pressure pipe. It's been a couple of years and it's still holding.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

The primary issue is that horizontal piece at the top. It’s only about 1” of exposed pipe between the elbow on the left and the T on the right. It doesn’t leave enough distance to cut and use a connector and be able to maintain correct distance for the vertical pipe on the left.
                    I’m trying to avoid rebuilding the whole assembly. I’ve done plenty work with pvc - I have a sprinkler system that likes to keep life interesting a couple times a year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wfalls View Post
                      Two coupling and a 90 and your back like new . Like said above 5 min fix .
                      Yea ,can't get much easier to fix then that.

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                        The primary issue is that horizontal piece at the top. It’s only about 1” of exposed pipe between the elbow on the left and the T on the right. It doesn’t leave enough distance to cut and use a connector and be able to maintain correct distance for the vertical pipe on the left.
                        I’m trying to avoid rebuilding the whole assembly. I’ve done plenty work with pvc - I have a sprinkler system that likes to keep life interesting a couple times a year...

I’d cut the horizontal pipe and put on a threaded coupling. Then thread in a short stub to connect the elbow.
                        Last edited by M16; 11-19-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          But if you need a screen door boat in a pinch it's a go to . As others have said, fix it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post

There are several ways to patch it but in my experience patch's are just leaks waiting to happen again. Take the time and do it right then forget about it, even to rebuild the section shouldn't take over an hour and not much money.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                              There are several ways to patch it but in my experience patch's are just leaks waiting to happen again. Take the time and do it right then forget about it, even to rebuild the section shouldn't take over an hour and not much money.

Yes. I rebuilt it this afternoon. Took about 30 minutes. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X