No announcement yet.

Feeder Emptied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a die hard "the timer" fan but have had several issues of late. Lates one was it ran for 30 secs no matter what. Also have had several that lost time.

Comment

One of our lease members had this happen to him last year. We took the mechanism off and it was replaced.

Comment

whats worse than a timer that will not run? one that never stops.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          We 2 of "the timer" units just click on and spun until battery was dead. They were replaced and was told they had some issues with certain run. 600 lbs on the ground sure looks like alot!
          I had one of “the timers” do this as well. Except it was close to 900 lbs of corn on the ground. Replaced it with a new one under warranty.

Comment

I thought everyone just loved "the timer"?

I was thinking about buying one for my next feeder build but now I am thinking not

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I was thinking about buying one for my next feeder build but now I am thinking not
              My thoughts too. I've never heard a bad thing about them until now. Most of my Texas Hunter feeders are 20 years old and never this problem. I've had two motors wear out though.

Comment

I have been running field-pro feeders for about 30 years. they were indestructable. past spring had one dump 300 lbs corn and 2 others died. i was thinking of going to the timer

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I thought so too so I bought 3 of them 3 years ago and 2 of them didn’t make it through last year. I am back to the cheap digital ones from academy and no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                    Had this happen with my All season the motor dropped and it will run out via gravity . 600 lbs in 2 weeks ha ha
                    Mine did the same last year. Dumped almost 400 pounds. Needless to say ir ruined my weekend hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother has a couple older feeders on his property that use “the timer” and he doesn’t like them. They drift a bunch and run off a separate battery that’s not attached to the solar panel. A poor design and he will not recommend.

FWIW. I have had great luck with Moultrie timers. They hold the time very well, very little drift and I can count on them to be almost to the second even after a year. They also run off your main feeder battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                        My brother has a couple older feeders on his property that use “the timer” and he doesn’t like them. They drift a bunch and run off a separate battery that’s not attached to the solar panel. A poor design and he will not recommend.

FWIW. I have had great luck with Moultrie timers. They hold the time very well, very little drift and I can count on them to be almost to the second even after a year. They also run off your main feeder battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        That part is not correct! The AA battery in the timer unit is there to keep your settings if you have to disconnect from the main 12v battery for any reason. Every feeder I run has The Timer in it, and they all work flawlessly.

Bisch

Comment

I have ran 4-5 “the timers” over the last few years. Some new. Some old. I had to send a few back in for replacement as they would reset all my feed and run times to zero after the first feeding. Again...know issue with a run of them. I don’t have any of “the timers” that keep good time either...even the replacement ones. They will be 30-45 minutes off after a month or so. I just always be sure to check the time and adjust when I’m there. Never had the issue of it running non stop and emptying a feeder though. That would suck.

Skinny

Comment

OK So I am on the fence. What is the best feeder control unit out there? This is about clear as mud

Comment

Working...
                            X