Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which topics?

Okay guys,

If you read Devin's response to my moderator thread, we can do it and just need to pick the topics/thread to sticky to the to.

Obviously we need one about getting your first bow that will contain places to shop, poundage, draw length, type questions.

Maybe one on shooting style that would cover 3-under/split, gap/instinctive

Maybe one on longbows vs recurves as that comes up a lot.

We could do an introduce yourself thread to more connect our group. The new profile page leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Where to go for help, like Tradag's thread.

What do you guys think???? We could just use the ones already started???

The beginners guides 1,2 and 3 would be a good place to start.I am always willing to help any one really interested.There is a lot of good info in these last few threads.

Comment

How about one concerning tuning arrows, especially carbons. Proper spine, tip weights, etc.....

Comment

How about posting a few threads on the topics that we feel are relevant? After a few posts, if you feel the thread is going in the right direction you could notify a moderator and they could sticky it.

Comment

Chunky

Things could get out of hand if topic titles did not encompass several areas to be reviewed. Here are some suggestions besides those offered.

Sources of Trad Equipment -- internet sites and Texas Trad shops/bowyers

Trad Equipment -- recurve vs longbow, wood vs alum. vs carbon, tabs vs gloves, plus strings, broadheads, quivers, etc., etc.

Equipment Tuning -- covering bows, arrows, etc.

Shooting Styles -- as mentioned earlier -- 3 under, split finger, gap, etc.

I think just about everything could be covered under 5 topic areas.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
            How about posting a few threads on the topics that we feel are relevant? After a few posts, if you feel the thread is going in the right direction you could notify a moderator and they could sticky it.
            Thats about what I was thinking since we lost a lot with the crash.

Comment

One how-to section could cover:

Selfbow build alongs
              Arrow making
              String making
              knapping and self nocks
              just some suggestions there are guys here that have the knowledge and I'm sure wouldn't mind sharing

Comment

Originally posted by stikshooter View Post
                The beginners guides 1,2 and 3 would be a good place to start.
                Sounds good to me as well. Thanks for splitting that up, Chris...way too much topic for one thread to cover.

Don't 'sticky' the "Tinman's silly and 3-under sucks" thread.

Comment

YES! YES! YES! in my best Haryy met Sally impersonation. I love the spot n stalk thread idea......(sorry that was just to good to pass up on that since you did that post) I think the more broke down into subjects, (as long as we stay on subject) the better.
                  Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                  X