Beman spine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beman spine question

Another question regarding my longbow. I may have an opportunity to get some Beman MFX Classics at a pretty good price but don't know if the spine will be close. They are 400's I believe and my bow is 53-55 lbs. at my draw length. Do yall think these would be workable? I have not got any arrows tuned for my longbow since I bought it and I am dying to shoot it!

I think they should be ok. If it is not to high performance they should be ok, my Bruin shot the29" 400 BlackMax with 200 gr heads beautifully; but my BW did not shoot those arrow worth nothing so I got some 29" Easton Axis 340 with 250 gr Wensel Woodsmans and they shoot real nice. What I would do is get a variety of field points from 3 rivers from 125 to 250 grains and tune your arrows with them. You will love those skinny carbons they are strong and you will get more pass thrus. It depends on 2 thinks lenght and field point selection. Hope it helps!!
    Paul

Comment

Did you decide on the Bemans or the cedars? As long as the spine is >55, I think you will be ok, but I'd like to see what your experience was.

Comment

I haven't decided yet but I am leaning toward cedars. I just bought a taper tool and when I get moved back in to my house (and my new shop) I am pretty sure I will be ordering the test kit from 3 Rivers and give it a go. The Bemans are tempting but it will be a more expensive journey and I have always wanted to try wood arrows. If nothing else I will have some good varmint sticks when I am done.

Comment

Working...
        X