X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at least nobody is sick on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Just the fact that you're worried about it and took the time to ask tells me you're a good guy. Disregard the jr. game wardens, get up there and check it, and learn from the experience. Some of the same people that say "buzzards gotta eat" or "he'll die eventually" become ethics police when someone else asks an honest question.

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      Yup no hurt feelings over it. Asked a question and got answers, and learned about the 36 hour rule whether it applies to hogs or not. Bout to find out in a few minutes whether the fuss is warranted or not. Now on I'll check within the 36 hours
      Good luck, hopefully you've got some work to do skinning (or hopefully not?).

Comment

I wouldn't set it unless I could check it at least every other day.
        Good luck, they are Super good eating!!

Comment

I haven’t heard of a 36-hour law for trapping wild pigs... We are talking about pigs, right?....

Regardless of legality, checking traps often is the humane thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            I haven’t heard of a 36-hour law for trapping wild pigs... We are talking about pigs, right?....

Regardless of legality, checking traps often is the humane thing to do.

X2

Never heard of any 36 hour law, and agree on checking traps often.

I'm calling BS on this 36 hour law. At least until someone posts it on here.
            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-20-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Well (un?)fortunately nothing but wet corn. We are talking wild pigs, but regardless I'll be strict about checking.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                X2

Never heard of any 36 hour law, and agree on checking traps often.

I'm calling BS on this 36 hour law. At least until someone posts it on here.

Exceptions

It is illegal to:

Shoot at, take or attempt to take any fur-bearing animal from a boat on public waters in Texas.
                Take fur-bearing animals by means of falconry without a valid falconry permit issued by the department.
                Take fur-bearing animals with a foothold or body grip trap except during the season for commercial harvest.
                Take fur-bearing animals with a foothold or body grip trap within 400 yards of any school.
                Use smoke, explosives or chemical irritants of any kind to harry or flush fur-bearing animals.
                Take fur-bearing animals with body grip traps with a diagonal opening greater than 10 inches set on land or in less than 6-inch deep water.
                Take fur-bearing animals with snare, foothold, body grip traps, and live or box trap unless such devices are examined at least once every 36 hours and animals are removed.

Comment

I don't think a pig is fur bearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Correct. The problem is if a raccoon skunk or opposum gets in the trap then it is attempting to take a fur bearing animal and he would be in violation of said animal being in trap longer than 36 hrs. GW could write a ticket. I don't want the guy getting in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Exceptions

It is illegal to:

Shoot at, take or attempt to take any fur-bearing animal from a boat on public waters in Texas.
                      Take fur-bearing animals by means of falconry without a valid falconry permit issued by the department.
                      Take fur-bearing animals with a foothold or body grip trap except during the season for commercial harvest.
                      Take fur-bearing animals with a foothold or body grip trap within 400 yards of any school.
                      Use smoke, explosives or chemical irritants of any kind to harry or flush fur-bearing animals.
                      Take fur-bearing animals with body grip traps with a diagonal opening greater than 10 inches set on land or in less than 6-inch deep water.
                      Take fur-bearing animals with snare, foothold, body grip traps, and live or box trap unless such devices are examined at least once every 36 hours and animals are removed.

A hog is not a fur bearing animal

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                        Correct. The problem is if a raccoon skunk or opposum gets in the trap then it is attempting to take a fur bearing animal and he would be in violation of said animal being in trap longer than 36 hrs. GW could write a ticket. I don't want the guy getting in trouble

This is not correct. If you have a 4'x8' trap designed for hogs and a raccoon or opossum get caught in it you are not in violation of attempting to take a fur bearing animal. Come on man. Laws have intent. He may get in trouble for it being in the trap too long if he doesn't check it, but simply catching one does not make you in violation of attempting to take a fur bearing animal. I would also add it's perfectly legal to trap a fur bearing animal as long as you have a hunting license, and you're not selling it
                        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-21-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Regardless it is right to check a trap if you set one. If you can't or it's too inconvenient don't set the trap.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care what you are trapping, check every morning..

Comment

I fully agree with the two posts above

Comment

....but not long without water.

This is key!

Comment

Working...
                                X