• Show
Clear All

My buddy got a small fork horn.
    More later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I came lower on mountain from my ground blind. We saw 2 guys with a dog on the property. I told my buddy I needed to kick them off.

Instead of the obvious, I had an idea. “Hey guys, help me out. How many letter Ss are there in the word trespassing?”. Got them to leave.

Waking a fire road, I came around a bend and in a 1’ area of shade was a huge 2x2 bedded down. I don’t know white tails but these deer like the heat. It was over 40 yards and I tried to range him for a long shot. He got up and trotted away- 58.5 yards. It would have been a great shot, or a miss and possibly wound him with a short arrow bouncing. It was the ethical thing to do.

I went after him, my buddy from above trying to get in front. No luck, but he connected with a small fork. There’s a saying- the first tag’s for meat, the 2nd’s for antlers.

He was easier to pack out than the pig.

I’ve got time!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats to you buddy. Now your turn with antlers for your farewell tour!

I'm going to miss the July hunting stories but look forward to the Montana elk hunts!

Comment

Good luck to you!! Enjoy your Cali hunt write ups

Comment

Good luck. Sonoma county has big blacktail and big feral pigs. About 3 hours north of San Jose.

Comment

I don’t have any private land connections in Sonoma County.

Comment

Congrats to your buddy Bill! Good luck and stay after em! Good Huntin and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Just now seeing this thread. Congrats on the move Bill!

And good luck on your last season in Ca.

(Been missing this thread)

Comment

Working...
                    X