Remington 700 5-R HS Precision Recoil Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 5-R HS Precision Recoil Pad

I have been having my eye on this rifle for awhile but I have read about the challenges on upgrading the recoil pad if the HS Precision stock was kept. I realize that I could swap the stock but wanted to ask what those that have shot thought of the current set up? What caliber?

I should mention I am looking at this rifle for range practice and possibly hunting. Comfortable for 20-40 rounds per trip to range?
    Last edited by longhornmatt; 02-24-2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: Update

What caliber. I have 223, 260, 308 and 300 Win Mag. I haven’t shot the 300 Win Mag yet but the others are plenty comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks!

I am looking at .223, .308, and .300. For range time the .308 or .223 seem to be the most wallet friendly.

I have a Model 70 .300 WM for my elk rifle and might want to add a back up.

Comment

I'll save you the trouble and sell you one bedded in a McMillan already

Comment

My Rem 5R Milspec 308 has a HS stock and felt recoil isn't much. My APR 270 also does and I shoot 20+ rounds at a time with no problems. My 300 has a McMillan with a Decelerator pad. I think for hunting, the HS stocks on a 300 mag are fine, but for target...I'd want a better pad or a brake. I hate brakes though, so better stock and pads for me.

Comment

Working...
          X