Flea infestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea infestation

What is the best way to kill fleas in a yard? And also in a house? I have never had to deal with these demon bugs until moving out here to San Angelo and I am covered up in them. Go out in the yard for 45 minutes and had to strip out of my clothes and leave them on the porch they were so covered in them.

This is all new to me being from Fort Stockton area. I mean they were on the dogs growing up but never seen them like this in a yard or anything like this back home.

Years ago we had a problem in the house. Wife took powder laundry soap and dusted the carpet with it let it set about a day no more fleas. Did it again in a couple of days to kill off hatch. It worked.

Comment

Treat yard, bomb house twice, good flea shampoo for pets

Comment

Can of beer and soap in a pan trick. Worked for us.

Flea traps are a great way to trap and kill fleas that are infesting a specific area in your house. You can make your own DIY flea trap at home with a few simple tools and ingredients that you probably already have on hand. It's important...

Used a cookie sheet instead and used dawn soap and a opened can of beer. Worked like a charm.

Comment

I recently dealt with this issue, fleas like I have never seen. It was in a rent house. All wood floors and linoleum flooring, not even any carpet. I went in and the house was empty aside from a couple of dressers. I walked in and within about 30 seconds, my legs looked like they were sprinkled with pepper, it was unreal. I bought flea bombs at Home Depot and set them off, went back a day later and they were all dead, no more jumping on me or crawling around. I vacuumed the entire house. HOWEVER, I was back and forth working on it and after 5-7 days, it was right back the same as before, all over me. Come to find out, I had only killed the live ones, not the eggs.

Flea Bombed it again, waited 5 days and did it again, worked like a champ. I did the yard & exterior house perimeter with BiFen and never had another problem.

Comment

Tempo mixed with an IGR worked at my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tempo is good

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                What is the best way to kill fleas in a yard? And also in a house? I have never had to deal with these demon bugs until moving out here to San Angelo and I am covered up in them. Go out in the yard for 45 minutes and had to strip out of my clothes and leave them on the porch they were so covered in them.

This is all new to me being from Fort Stockton area. I mean they were on the dogs growing up but never seen them like this in a yard or anything like this back home.
                Funny you should say that the two worst frea infestations I have ever seen were at Ft. Stockton both on ranches out toward Monahans, never knew what they did to eradicate them though.

Comment

7 dust. Will not harm dogs but will harm fleas and quick

Comment

I got a small light bulb and hung it over a pan of soapy water. In the morning, the thing was full of fleas. Every night I'd move it around to a different part of the living room until I was no longer catching the little suckers. (This is for inside the house).

Comment

Food grade diatomaceous earth.

"Diatomaceous earth is composed of tiny organisms known as diatoms which have the ability to lacerate the exoskeletons of various types of insects and kill them through dehydration."

I use it around my kennels. Not one flea in several years.
                      Last edited by Froggy; 10-12-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                        7 dust. Will not harm dogs but will harm fleas and quick
                        My dad used to coat our poodle in 7 dust...till it started walking around with a weird tick/convulsions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          My dad used to coat our poodle in 7 dust...till it started walking around with a weird tick/convulsions.
                          Hmm. I use it in my kennels and never seen a problem in my dogs. Half of em are idiots anyway so maybe it's just hard to tell

Comment

Spray demon in the yard, seven dust , and bug bomb the hell of it. For three weeks. You got to get the egg hatching

Comment

Working...
                            X