9 Days to Kill in Kansas!!! Live!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 Days to Kill in Kansas!!! Live!!!

I’m late starting my live hunt but I’m here none the less.
    I drove in to North Central Kansas yesterday with drool running out of my mouth. I’ve been waiting on this trip all year.
    I came up a day early to Pheasant hunt this morning and get my first sit in a deer stand this evening. It was an eventful day to say the least.
    No luck on Pheasants this morning but we did manage to bag some quail.
    I headed to the stand around 2:30. Settled in @ 3:00. And had a fantastic hunt to start my 9 days off. Saw 5 bucks total. 2 shooters at dark.
    All were chasing hard.
    My phone died while taking pictures of the small 8 below and my video camera was dead.
    I’ll be back at the same property in the morning with all batteries charged. I did manage to get some pics of my set too, before my phone died.

Stay tuned. If the rest of my hunts are like this evening, it ought to be a fantastic week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck

Comment

Dang that looks like good ground! Tuned in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck. Love Kansas whitetail hunting

Comment

Been in the stand since 5:50.
            It’s breaking day and the woods are coming coming alive.
            I’m back at the same property, but in a different set due to a N wind.
            I put some time in the stand last year and passed a nice 9 point that I’m pretty sure is one of the shooters I saw yesterday at dark.

This property is planted in Milo this year and they just cut the fields last week. It ought to be loaded with deer.

I have the option to hunt several other properties but seeing what I saw yesterday has me wanting to put a couple of days here as I can hunt 2 different sets with any kind of East wind.

I’ll update pics of my set when I have better light.

Comment

Good luck homie. Knock a biggin down.

Comment

Good luck to ya

Comment

Been waiting all year and didn't charge your batteries. COME ON MAN!
                  Just kidding, Good Luck on your hunt. Heading up on Wed for 11 days.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                      Been waiting all year and didn't charge your batteries. COME ON MAN!
                      Just kidding, Good Luck on your hunt. Heading up on Wed for 11 days.
                      Right!!!
                      Getting excited about the main event sometimes makes forget about the little things. Lol

Comment

Good luck buddy! They're moving for me this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                          Right!!!
                          Getting excited about the main event sometimes makes forget about the little things. Lol
                          I hear you, I have been making a list for the last month and I'm sure I will forget something. I always say to myself as long as I have my bow, license, camo and stands I can buy whatever else I need.

Looks like a great spot your hunting. Have fun.

Comment

In

Comment

In and good luck...also, is it light enough for some pics now???

Comment

Working...
                              X