Tires - Sam's vs. Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires - Sam's vs. Costco

Anyone buy tires from either place? I'm in need of some new tires for my Dodge 2500. I've had good luck with Michelin tires but I'm open to suggestions. I don't want mud or aggressive grip tires, I prefer the ride of highway tread.

I've bought Michelin tires from Sam's once before for my old Dodge diesel truck. I had a good experience. We just had a Costco open up just as close as the Sam's so I'm debating on which membership to get. I've never really shopped at Costco.

After talking to each place, they both have "promotions" going for their Michelin tires, putting the cost at right around $200/tire. That's for 50000 mile tires. Honestly it seems like a toss up between the two, but Sam's does sell a larger variety of tires if I wanted to go with another brand. I've never been a big fan of Goodyear.

Which would you guys go with or do you have a better suggestion for a better priced 17" 10ply tire?

I have both membership. Tire promotions come from the Manufacture.

Both stores are about alike IMHO. As far as tires....I Love Me Some DISCOUNT TIRE

They will prolly Price Match anything Sam's or Costo's offers

Comment

Get a quote from both then go to Discount Tires who have always matched prices for me. More Discount stores around then Sam’s or Costco if issues arise.

Comment

I went to both and got prices installed. I went to my local discount tire and they beat both deals.

Comment

I like Discount tire too, I've bought plenty of tires from them as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I just went through this process for my f250, discount tire was cheaper than Sams.

Comment

Plus discount tire has some great customer service. Their lifetime warranty is well worth it. I had a tire that developed a slow leak from something puncturing the side wall (dang cactus!!) and they put a brand new one on the truck no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only gotten tires from Sams. Don't have a cosco membership.

Like most others, I typically go to Discount Tire, but Sams actually beat Discount's price on the tires I put on my kiddo's car.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                  Get a quote from both then go to Discount Tires who have always matched prices for me. More Discount stores around then Sam’s or Costco if issues arise.
                  Yep---my tire place for many, many years.

Comment

Just recently got Michelins for my daughters car but went to Discount tire, Goodyears seem to hard a compound which to me means noisy and less mileage, not a fan.
                    try asking Discount tire near you to beat or match their prices

Comment

Another huge vote for Discount Tire. That place has the best prices and service.

Comment

Upvote for discount tire. Also if you have one of there CC you can pay them off over 6 months for 0% interest. Also, the card can be used at most gas stations also for gas which makes it nice for trips.

Comment

go to walmart.com look up the brand an style tire you want the select the store you prefer pay on line they ship to your store an mount free

Comment

I have always purchased from discount until 2 years ago in which I went to NTB. Honestly when it comes to price I think both Discount and NTB are the same in price.

I however do not like either one. Customer service at both are good but they are so busy that I often have to wait for 3 and sometimes 4 hours even with an appointment to get tires of to have a “quick “ rotation.

I recently went to Sam and paid 40 bucks for a lifetime balance and rotation and they were done before I finished shopping. For that reason I would take either Sams or Costco.

From what the guy with Sams told me they cover lifetime tire sensors when you get from them. At Discount and NTB you have to purchase them even if they go bad. I had one sensor fail on my infinity and it cost me 148 to replace

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X