No announcement yet.

Rollcall: WTs with Stickbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be starting with compound after my Trophy buck and then chasing freezer filler doe/culls the rest of the season with my Sarrels. Pretty pumped and look forward to learning a lot this season!

Comment

I’ll be at it Sat morning, and all weekend. My shooters have vanished with the new growth from all the recent rain, but if I was to shoot one, it would be far from my first time to shoot a doe on opening weekend!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Recurve ready! Not going opening weekend due to obligations. Prob wait until weds or thurs and then see if I can arrow a doe on some public ground. Generally stay out of my private until prime time.

Comment

Work Saturday, but plan to hit public land with the recurve Sunday and beyond. Good luck to all!

Comment

My opening weekend was washed out by Florence, and I couldn't make the second weekend. I was finally able to hunt the third weekend and took a doe on my first sit. Good luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              My opening weekend was washed out by Florence, and I couldn't make the second weekend. I was finally able to hunt the third weekend and took a doe on my first sit. Good luck to all!
              Congrats on the doe Phillip!

Comment

I will be "eventually".

I've been so busy, that I haven't even got my hunting spots set up yet.
                Heck, I haven't even renewed my license yet.

Rick

Comment

I will try to grab a bow and take a walk on Saturday morning. There are deer everywhere and food everywhere so it will be a matter of a hunter and deer happening to be in the same spot at the same time. This year is going to be tough to predict deer movement. I did brush hog some deer highways last week. I believe that they are as lazy as I am as they seem to use the highways within days of me cutting them. I don't like to walk through knee high ragweed while the snakes are still moving. I can walk the highways through the thick areas and get off of them where the ragweed isn't growing. We have had 13.5" of rain since August 8th.
                  Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 09-27-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I have an obligation Friday evening so I will leave the house at 4:30 Saturday morning and be settled in the blind - recurve in hand - by 6:30. Due to camera failure I don't know what - if anything - has been coming in lately. We just had a feed pen built at this particular set up two weeks ago - I will be interested to see what shows up. If there are any shooter bucks in the area we have not seen them on camera - I will shoot the first mature doe that gives me the opportunity.

Comment

I'm making the trip down south to join y'all for my first bowhunt for whitetail in Texas. Ready to get away from work and see some new countryside!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                        I'm making the trip down south to join y'all for my first bowhunt for whitetail in Texas. Ready to get away from work and see some new countryside!
                        Whereabouts? I sometimes forget you are up in OK.

Comment

Obligations Saturday but I'll be out Sunday. Getting excited.

Comment

I will be sitting with my 15 year old Granddaughter Sat. morning with the hopes she gets her first bow buck/doe or pig. After that, I'm up and will be hunting most afternoons and some mornings.

Good luck to all and please "BE SAFE" out there.

Doug

Comment

Ohh yeah!!!

Not sure if opening weekend, but they'll get my candy corn arrows.

Comment

I'll be there with my longbow. Hogs have moved in pretty thick, and the wind is looking like it'll be screwy for where I was wanting to hunt. I'll still be out there though. If I don't kill anything I'm still gonna have fun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X