Case knife steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case knife steel

I had a Amber stag trapper my mother gave me 18 yrs ago. Unfortunately I can’t find it I feel like I have it somewhere but idk. So it hurts to be lookinnfor another case. The one I had patinaed awesome and held a edge like Noones business. I wish I knew what steel it was. I’m looking at a new one and the steel is cv360. Anyone know if it’s good steel.

I'm sure your knife was their CV steel version being that it developed a patina. In the trapper, you can either get CV steel or stainless. I prefer CV carbon steel.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
      I'm sure your knife was their CV steel version being that it developed a patina. In the trapper, you can either get CV steel or stainless. I prefer CV carbon steel.
      Thanks. They don’t make them like they use too

Comment

Anyone else

Comment

In would recommended the CV blades. That's all I'll carry. Here is my sod buster Jr. They still make the amber with cv along with chestnut (my sod buster) red bone any maybe another bone handle.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s good steel gets razor sharp but is a bit weak on keeping that edge. I have several case trappers of all models and I have one that is worth about $500 now it is very old, that has a different steel than the ones made from the 80’s to now. I can’t remember what exactly the older steel was but the new trappers are better than the ones made between 80-90. Hope you find it bud I prefer case trappers to any knife, eye brand two blade model 2020 knife made in the 50’s is a close second.

Comment

Working...
            X