No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to everyone that went to vanderpool the main thing is that yall had a great and safe time

Comment

Well... I killed my first turkey!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        I really expected more from you guys this weekend. Instead, I get caught up in a whole 2 minutes. Guess I'm just the life of the party around here.

Tod smoked it, I stunk it, Holly did the usual but we don't need to talk about that. Ol Jason, Pineywoods, well dang... guy smoked my scores and hasn't been shooting nearly as long. He's pretty good. Got a video of a Tod doing the marble tube shoot I'll have to try and post tomorrow if I'm not too busy, maybe tuesday. I'm whooped and going to bed.
        I heard you set a goal and made it. Doesn't sound like stinking to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          I heard you set a goal and made it. Doesn't sound like stinking to me.

Oh i stunk it up the first day. Second round i finally got back to normal. It's encouraged me to get busy working harder with them. Want to get serious about starting to hunt with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh i stunk it up the first day. Second round i finally got back to normal. It's encouraged me to get busy working harder with them. Want to get serious about starting to hunt with them.

Good to hear that you could recover and still have the bug.

Comment

We all have bad days. Practice and actual competition are two different games.

Comment

The fact you were able to get out there is great in my books.

Im new to the bow game, and get nervous just shooting in front of people trying to help, lol. Let alone a competition of any kind.

Comment

The first day, my nerves did get me and I was getting a case of target panic. I didn't practice as much as I should have. I was hard at it for the last couple weeks, but had only been back to shooting for a couple months since last summer when I jacked up my shoulder. Scored 318 on recurve open, which was probably my lowest. Set out to just top 350 with the longbow to make up for the day before and hit 350 on the dot. Could have done better but I fell apart the second half. First half was 10s and 8s, then went to a bunch of 5s. Got a lot of work to do. Can make up for it at Chester next month.

Comment

You beat me to the point Andy and Damian. You met your goal!

Andy yeah, you struggled a bit the first day, but you recovered the second day with some dang good shooting! You did great on a rough course that is tough just because of terrain (nothing but rocks and Cedar trees to catch your arrow if you miss) and don't forget about those nasty cross winds. Some of the shots are set up just to get inside your head or get you out of you normal "form" that you practice every day.

I think both you and Jason did excellent. We all had a great time and we enjoyed getting to shoot with yall! Plus you can't beat the views!

The "selfie" pic is our groups result of the "Marble drop shot". Hopefully Andy get a video up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

https://youtu.be/LFt4NFZRu0Q

Marble drop video

Comment

That was awesome

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I love that buffalo shot. I was standing at the mens stake when I took that pic. The elk shot is deceptive in the pic. It's clear across a valley, and hard to judge distance. I feel sorry for the guys who set up and take down the targets because it's a nasty climb down and up the valley to reach it. But it's fun. That elk cost me a $10 arrow on the longbow round.

Comment

Working...
                                X