"earned"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"earned"

This season started like all others High hopes and big dreams. It did not take long to come to the relization that this would be a great year for acorns and not such a great year for hunting over a feeder. Even with setting up a tri pod and making moves to get on deer it was not easy. The bucks are running like crazy and not reacting to calls at all. One moring last week I sat in a spot and watched a six pointer chase does all over the place. One doe spotted the six and she laid down and hid from him. That was the first time I had seen that. That made that sit well worth it. I have been reel determined to get some meet for the freezer but geez it's been tough. Friday hunting 0 deer. Rain, Rain Rain! Saturday found our lease looking like a swamp in places but by late morning the rain stopped. We went in at noon and set up a few new set ups. We set up a ladder on the edge of a field and decided to hunt that stand Saturday evening. By for the best hunt I had so for this year. As for as seeing deer anyway. Deer were just pouring out into the field. I could here a deer coming through the water to come out 15 yards from the stand. Perfect! dang if I don't get busted moving and she alerts on me. Looks right at me. I let an arrow fly and she ducks and my arrow hits the top of her back and fly's at least 40 yards. I could not believe it. First good chance at a doe and she wins. Well decide to sit there againb this morning. It was extremely foggy and it seemed to get thicker as the morning went on. Every once and awhile you could see a doe slipp in and out of the fog like a ghost. Well about 8:25 had a doe come out about 100 yards down. She broused around a tree a bit and finally started making her way towards me. Just like she was on a string. I got her to 15 yards and got drawn on her. Let the arrow fly and it found it's mark. she ran about 40 yards and that was all she wrote. Went down in site! It's not a big buck but I am just as proud of this deer. It was earned and I had to work hard to get on a doe to take.

Now my food plot is looking great and soon the deer will be back to the feeder and the plot and I will be determined to get one of the shooter bucks we are getting pics of. So this is to be continued....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1517.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	24787116

Congrats man

Comment

congrats, not a better feeling when hard work pays off.

Comment

congrats on the slickhead

Comment

Thanks for the read & Congrats on the slick head

Comment

Mike,
            Congrats on the freezer filler.

Comment

Congrats on the doe

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Way to go brother... The ones that are worked for are the best IMO (regardles of gender)!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Well done Wiki! The harder the hunt the greater the satisfaction in taking any deer. Well done.

Comment

Sounds a lot like my weekend but I didn't have the happy ending you did. Congrats on the freezer meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X