The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
    What is a good brand not available in Texas?

Just don't say Pappy van Winkle, I'm not going to go through that again and come up empty handed.
    Didn't know there were any "Good" brands not available in Texas. [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

George Dickel barrel select is my sipping whiskey of choice but it has become hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
        What is a good brand not available in Texas?

Just don't say Pappy van Winkle, I'm not going to go through that again and come up empty handed.

Ha ha, I found Pappy at a cheesy tourist style bar by the stadium in Glendale, AZ a few weeks ago. Two vintages and they started at $60 a pour. I had ordered a round for my colleagues and fortunately the bartender told me the price before pouring. I told her for that price, she better come with it. We didn't stay much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked this up today. Gonna give it a try. Anyone have any feed back from it?

Comment

Been wanting to try this one for a while. Very good I must say....stout but smooth...no surprises. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post

It's one of my favorite. Very smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So is there any whiskey you guys don't like? After reading this thread it appears there's not much you guys don't recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  So is there any whiskey you guys don't like? After reading this thread it appears there's not much you guys don't recommend.
                  I don't like that Willett Pot Still Reserve that Heath posted....and its won alot of awards. I thought the finish was pretty terrible. Very nutty to me....not something I like in a Bourbon. Maybe they aged my bottle in a peanut barrel by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    Been wanting to try this one for a while. Very good I must say....stout but smooth...no surprises. [emoji1]

I gave this as a gift and my buddy LOVED the stuff. He drinks a ton of different bourbon's so I do value his opinion when it comes to the stuff. The main reason I bought is cause its "aged at the sea". Well my buddies nickname is the Skipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post

Back in the Spring I bought a bottle of BSM and the first few straight from the bottle were pretty harsh, no flavor, all burn. So I put it in the back of the collection until Monday and gave it another try and it was AWESOME!!! . I guess 8 mo's of sitting really smoothed it out. IDK, but it moved up the front of the cabinet now!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        I gave this as a gift and my buddy LOVED the stuff. He drinks a ton of different bourbon's so I do value his opinion when it comes to the stuff. The main reason I bought is cause its "aged at the sea". Well my buddies nickname is the Skipper.
                        You are a very good friend to give that stuff away!

Comment

That's what I was thinking!!! I had voyage 5 over the summer and it was real nice summertime pour on the back porch. Dunno if I will spring the price tag to go on another voyage

Comment

It was actually a baby shower gift. We got his wife a gift card to some baby place and him a bottle of whiskey. I won the best gift award at the baby shower.

Comment

Jack or Buchanan's can't go wrong!!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                                Love Buffalo Trace, probably the one of the best under $20 bourbons on the market. If you like BT, you should try it's big brother Eagle Rare, a little older expression from the Buffalo Trace family.
                                Yep. I was a it Bulleit drinker until a buddy gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare at our wedding. Converted me. I buy Buffalo Trace when it is out of stock and enjoy it, I also like their WL Weller bourbons but they are a little more bitter.
                                Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 12-08-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X