No announcement yet.

Smoked armadillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what was the outcome? My dad has eaten armadillo several times. He said they were good and greasy.

Comment

Please watch monsters inside me, young boy from East Texas simply touched a dead one. Only took a little over a year of misery before they realized what it was....

Comment

No thanks

Comment

Armadillo is good eats.

Leprosy is not particularly contagious because it (virtually always) takes repeated exposures to infected bodily fluids to transmit.

On the incalculably small chance that you do get leprosy...it’s curable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We use to eat them and my dad made hanging baskets out of the shells. very tasty.

Comment

If I remember right from eating one back when I was very young they were a little greasy. Let us know how they taste, look awesome.

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

l e p r o s y

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    Leprosy is real but if you are gonna get it from them you already caught it. You'll know in 5-7 years.

Most people are immune to it and it dies at pretty low temps, dont worry about it
                    I'm in for the results

I had a patient once that contracted Leprosy from eating Armadillo supposedly. I guess he could have contracted it while cleaning it??? This was North East Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got lost in the Big Thicket long time ago and had to eat armadillo and a possum. Didn't bother me at all at the time but not long after that I walked up on an old dead cow and scared an armadillo out of it. I can imagine what it was eating in there. I think I might starve before I would eat another one....

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it turned out great. The texture and taste is similar to pork. Not a whole lot of meat on them but very tasty. I’d do it again.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                            Well it turned out great. The texture and taste is similar to pork. Not a whole lot of meat on them but very tasty. I’d do it again.
                            Let us know if anything falls off! Lol. Thanks for the update

Comment

Lol will do

Comment

Not as bad as you would think. I've had it several times growing up. Don't eat them now though. Not much besides an Opossum that I haven't eaten.

Comment

Working...
                                X