Stand and Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and Fill

I needed another feeder for my place in Bandera. I have fallen in love with the idea of a stand and fill versus a traditional feeder. I would rather have a larger capacity, but this should work for now. The other three sides will be covered in 1"x2" welded wire, with a full door on the front side. The barrel is not currently attached, and I still have to figure some corner pieces to cover the holes in the frame holding the barrel. Then I will add a rigid stand for a solar panel and conduit to house solar panel wire.
    Attached Files

Guessing thats going to be directional feeder! If so where is the placement going to be...front facing your hunting location?

Comment

Wish i could weld... i just bought one an hour ago.

Looks good, im actually interested in the directional idea.

I have a few places it would really free up shooting lane if feeder wasnt in the middle of set.

Comment

Looks good, I guess with the welded wire on the sides you will still get plenty of corn slung out to the sides so it wont really be a one way directional broadcast. Looks good to me amigo.

Comment

Not a true directional. I just wanted to block the back so that the feeder doesn't block your view, and the sloped bottom was to keep corn from building up underneath to discourage hogs from rooting underneath it.

Comment

I see, very nice.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Talk about ringing the dinner bell! The sound of corn glancing off of that sheet metal will call 'em in from the surrounding counties. I like the idea of controlling the direction of the feed to position animals and take advantage of terrain and cover. I have a spot that could use a semi-directional feeder and this set up might be perfect. Nice job.

cricman

Comment

It'S been my experience that nothing in Nature occurs with perfectly right angles. That's why everything is just a bit out of square on anything I build. That and tape measures confuse me.

Comment

Getting close. Still have to mount the barrel, and figure some sort of mounting bracket for the solar panel.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What angle are the legs??

Comment

I have no idea. I just cut them at 39". I knew I wanted the base to be at least 5' wide, so I built the base, then just leaned the legs in and welded them up. I am opposed to tape measures. If I were guessing they are around 22 degrees. Also you cannot see from the front view, but there is a 1" gap below the hinge portion of the door that allows corn to run out without hanging up.
                        Last edited by big_smith; 07-17-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Pretty embarrassed, but this is my prep table. You real fabricators don't laugh. It was functional.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                            Pretty embarrassed, but this is my prep table. You real fabricators don't laugh. It was functional.
                            That'll work!

Comment

Coons will destroy that wire....ask me how I know....

Comment

Working...
                              X