05 Duramax questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Duramax questions

I've got the chance to buy a one owner '05 Duramax, Allison auto, 4x4 with 130,000 miles. That should be the LLY engine? Correct? What's y'all's thoughts on this truck? Before I tell the asking price, I'd like to know what y'all think it's worth. What's the good and the bad on this year model?

LLYs have the ocassional injector issues but they are generally solid. I'd own it for the right price.

Comment

The bad? It's a Duramax!!

Kidding aside, my uncle has an '05 or '06 Duramax that has been a hell of a truck for him. When my little cousin was big into barrel racing that truck pulled horses all around the country and he had very few problems out of it!

Comment

Great trucks . Really like mine .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm about to put my '06 on the market. PM me for more info. 120k...LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

depending how nice and a crew cab? $16000-18000

Comment

It's a nice truck,,, crew cab, new tires, power windows / locks, everything but leather. This engine doesn't have the injector issues like the LB7 did from what I've heard and read. The asking price is $18,000.

Comment

Hopefully the water pump has already been changed. That repair is around $800.

Comment

I have a 05 I got in 2010 with 140.000, 4x4 crew cab. it's been a pretty good truck I now have 260.000 miles on it. biggest thing that went wrong was the injection pump went out. I think 18k is a little high but I got a smoking deal on mine in 2010 only paid 13k.

I did have to put about $1000 in it, two batteries, two wheel hub assembly, windshield, a few of the gauges no working, took the cluster and had them all redone.

I would say 14 to 16K is where I would want to be.

Comment

That seems awful high to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      That seems awful high to me!
                      The 05-07 duramax market is nuts. But it's due in part to the fact that a new one is 70k.

Comment

I have an 07 classic with 125k on it, I probly would Not sell for less than 18k

Comment

I have an '03 that originally had the LB7, but after a few sets of injectors and a blown head gasket I did an engine swap to an '05 LLY. I have a few aftermarket mods and efi live which I highly recommend. No issues and I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                            It's a nice truck,,, crew cab, new tires, power windows / locks, everything but leather. This engine doesn't have the injector issues like the LB7 did from what I've heard and read. The asking price is $18,000.
                            I say that is fair. I've got one with 140k. I bought it with 120k for A LOT more than 18k but its got a high dollar lift, tires etc. I'm ready to go back to stock already haha. Someone is interested in it so hopefully she finds a new home. Love me some HD Classics! I say 18k is right on the money bud. Good luck
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                              I have an 07 classic with 125k on it, I probly would Not sell for less than 18k
                              If it's 4x4, crew, and nice you are probably giving it away at 18k.

Comment

Working...
                              X