AC for tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC for tent

Looking for ideas for an AC for a tent. I have seen the cooler AC's and really don't want to use that. Anybody have something that they use that works really well? I have been looking at buying a travel trailer but want to pay some stuff off before I make that jump. Any links to stuff that y'all have that works well is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you have electricity window units work and double as back up for hurricane season at the house if you have central

Comment

Yea, I have a window unit at the house just wasn't sure how well that would work. Kind of wondering if there is anything out there that someone puts inside the tent with them instead of zipping it up in the window or something.

Comment

We always use a good box fan. I know it's not the same, but has always kept us cool on our dove hunts.

Comment

It's been 10+ years since I've done it, but I used one for a July weeklong camping trip when my son was a toddler. I just taped the tent window to the unit, and it was nice and cold at night

Comment

We use a portable air conditioner. All you have a zip out of the tent is the hot air duct and drain hose. 10,000 btu in a 12'X12' tent will freeze you out at night and make it comfortable during the day for a nap.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hisense-10-...oner/999990104

Comment

Originally posted by janak View Post
              We use a portable air conditioner. All you have a zip out of the tent is the hot air duct and drain hose. 10,000 btu in a 12'X12' tent will freeze you out at night and make it comfortable during the day for a nap.

This is a great choice for cooling a tent

Comment

I have a buddy that taped a heavy trash bag to the vent on a window unit as a "collector" them ran a piece of dryer vent hose from the bag to his tent door. Seemed to be easier than trying to seal off the whole vent in the door.

Comment

Be prepared to get rained on by the condensation that will build up on the inside of the tent.

Other than that janak has the best solution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got an LG portable AC from Home Depot when they were on sale. A vent hose connects to it that I run through a window in my shed. You could just as easily run the hose through the tent door and zip up around it. Like Todd said, make sure your tent is well vented. Logic would tell you to shut up all the windows to keep the cold air in, but it will probably condensate. I guess it depends on the tent design and the temperature difference.

Comment

Originally posted by janak View Post

I like this

Comment

Definitely a portable A/C.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'm going to look into that unit from Lowes

Comment

Originally posted by amcalister04 View Post
                            Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'm going to look into that unit from Lowes
                            Home Depot has them also for a price comparison.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X