Which sitka jacket for elk hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Sitka Jacket. I don't want it bulky and or rain proof. Will be using it for elk in Colorado archery season. Normally I hunt in just pants and a shirt since there is not a lot of need for any other than that when staying on the move in the mountains. Windstopper would be preferred. Which ones to do you guys have or would buy?
    Last edited by Jamesl; 08-24-2017, 05:23 AM.

Look into the Kuiu hunting stuff. It's the guy who started Sitka.

Comment

Kuiu!!!!

Comment

Ok. Which Kuiu jacket?

Comment

Just ordered a Kuiu Chugach jacket to double as a rain and outer layer.

You could also look at the guide jacket, just figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and it would be less to have to carry in my pack.

Comment

Jetstream

Comment

I prefer Sitka over Kuiu but we are all different. My Sitka is all in elevated 2 because I mostly hunted whitetails from treestands in PA and OH. I have the Equinox and Stratus Jacket and vest. I like vests because they keep my core warm but don't hinder my arms.

The "Mountain" jacket or vest in the new Subalpine camo would probably be my choice.

Comment

Ascent or 90% are both light

Ascent is the lightest weight. With 90% and layers I can get into the 20-30 degree range pretty easy

Comment

Looking at the Jetstream Lite. Does not have a hood but does have the wind stopper.

Comment

what size are you, i have a ton of kuiu and if its a hunt i'd be happy to loan you my stuff.

We are close to each other and unless you plan on using it forever a one off I have most everything you'd need.

Comment

Kuiu vote here also.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                        what size are you, i have a ton of kuiu and if its a hunt i'd be happy to loan you my stuff.

We are close to each other and unless you plan on using it forever a one off I have most everything you'd need.

Man I appreciate that. Only reason for going with Sitka is I have had more exposure to checking it out in person. I'm not remotely familiar with Kuiu stuff but would like the check their stuff out. I wear L/XL. 6' 190lbs

Comment

Jetstream jacket would be my choice. Have 3 of them and they always go with me on hiking trips. Pit zips are great and the the wind stopped works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kelvin Active?

Comment

Kuiu

Comment

Working...
                              X