Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMF Falcon 62" 45# info search

Howdy yall!

A buddy loaned me his AMF Wing Archery Falcon recurve 62" 45#.

I want to get a new string for it and looking for any info...especially needed string length, brace height...can it take fast flight strings?...etc

TnA.

Byron
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

AMF - Wing Division

Comment

Falcon

Comment

You will need around a 58" string, AMO is generally 4" less for recurves. I would not use fast flight, stick with dacron.

Comment

Lets see the limb tips. I would think that is an old enough bow that it would not be ff compatible. if it is a recurve, it SHOULD take a 58" string. If you have the old string, then string the bow up for a while, then take the string off and measure the actual string length from end to end, and when you arder, tell who you are ordering from that you have actual string length of xx". I don't know any specifics on those wing bows, but a safe bet for BH would be somewhere in the 7"-8.5" range.

Did you ever get the other bow and string figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Lets see the limb tips. I would think that is an old enough bow that it would not be ff compatible. if it is a recurve, it SHOULD take a 58" string. If you have the old string, then string the bow up for a while, then take the string off and measure the actual string length from end to end, and when you arder, tell who you are ordering from that you have actual string length of xx". I don't know any specifics on those wing bows, but a safe bet for BH would be somewhere in the 7"-8.5" range.

Did you ever get the other bow and string figured out?
            Awesome! Thank you! Does endless loop versus flemish twist matter? Ill post some pics later.

I called RMS. They speculated they accidentally sent me a recurve string versus a long bow string. They said theyd mail me one...that was Friday last week. Just biding time until it gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
              You will need around a 58" string, AMO is generally 4" less for recurves. I would not use fast flight, stick with dacron.
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Awesome! Thank you! Does endless loop versus flemish twist matter? Ill post some pics later.

I called RMS. They speculated they accidentally sent me a recurve string versus a long bow string. They said theyd mail me one...that was Friday last week. Just biding time until it gets here.
                Endless loop or flemish twist makes no difference as long as it is the correct length.

You have realized after everyones advice on the other thread that you were trying to string the other bow backwards, correct? Bring it up to GG on Thursday if you can. You don't have to shoot in the league, just come up so we can get it squared away. I have a string that should fit it so we can see. It is a low stretch string, so you would not want to shoot it with that string, but we can certainly put it on the bow to show that it would work.

Bisch
                Last edited by Bisch; 03-22-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bisch. I wont be able to make it out tonight. Mr Mom duties.

Here go the Falcon tips.

Comment

Tip

Comment

Falcon tip

Comment

Another Falcon tip

Comment

One of two threaded holes on riser. Anybody know the diameter and thread count these take? Id like to use this for bowfishing but seems that alot of the reels are the standard stabilizer fat thread for compounds.

Should I get a B50 string for this predator?

TnA.

Byron

Comment

B50 or B55 for sure on that bow!

The stabilizer insert should be the same threads as on all bows.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X