Is this legal for tbot shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this legal for tbot shoots

From reading the rules I can't decide but want to know before I show up in vanderpool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have other bows but man this warf shoots

Comment

Not sure. Go to TBoT website, and send an officer that pic. To me, that is not much different than an elevated rest, and the rules say no elevated rests. Get the answer from the horses mouth!

Bisch

Comment

I think I just won't take it I don't need anyone to think I'm trying to get over on anyone. I typically don't shoot in competition anymore due to the fact rules are so vague in most orgs or too strict in others.

Comment

It does not make a hill of beans difference to me. I believe it is the monkey pulling the string that wins the tournament, and not the bow he is shooting. But if you do want to shoot it, just check with an official. The Hill Country Shootout is an awesome 3D experience, whether you are in it for the competition or just the fun and cameraderie.

Bisch

Comment

What is that set up compensating for?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you mean by compensating? It's a bow that's meant to be shot with a rest that has a shelf too low to shoot off of built up with furniture pads to the level it's meant to be shot at. Bows have a natural pivot point and for three of my 5 recurves it is not the shelf.

Comment

I just meant like a bow tillered for split or three under or something different than you were shooting. Not trying to offend. Not real experienced and on the learning curve.

Comment

My comment wasn't directed at you bisch just folks in general at 3d shoots who see something different.

Comment

It's ilf i can tiller it either way it's just if you shoot it of the shelf it would be like shootibg a modern compound off the shelf. Sorry for reading that wrong it's been a frustrating day for me I'm thinking I might just need to skip the trip this year. I got really burned out shooting 3d and haven't done it in 2 years. Anymore I just like to shoot how I like to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                      My comment wasn't directed at you bisch just folks in general at 3d shoots who see something different.

I know, and I have informed folks a time or two that they were doing something wrong. A lot of it is in how you approach them. Some guys come across like 3D nazis, but you don't need to do that to get the point across. Some folks just don't know when they come for the first time.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                        It's ilf i can tiller it either way it's just if you shoot it of the shelf it would be like shootibg a modern compound off the shelf. Sorry for reading that wrong it's been a frustrating day for me I'm thinking I might just need to skip the trip this year. I got really burned out shooting 3d and haven't done it in 2 years. Anymore I just like to shoot how I like to shoot

No!!!!!! If you have never been to this shoot, you will not regret being there!!!

Bisch

Comment

You think if I bring just my longbow and wood as well as aluminum I can stay busy for two days? I might just do that it's for sure legal

Comment

Wood and aluminum arrows

Comment

Yes, it is legal.

I asked the same question about this shelf build up several years ago.
                              I sent this picture to The TBoT president, and several other officers.
                              It was recognized as a shelf & strike plate, and approved for TBoT competition.

As long as there is no gap between the shelf & strike plate, you're good to go.
                              It can even have adjustable center shot, but you have to use a solid bolt.
                              No cushion plunger.

Mine is exactly the same thing as yours, but mine isn't butt ugly.

Rick
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by RickBarbee; 03-21-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X