Sensor Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor Cleaning

This is a pretty good site telling how to clean your sensor.

Lesto!!

Guess I will give this a try........

Comment

i just had mine cleaned. hope i wont have to clean it myself anytime soon!

Comment

Well, given my history with bondo and grinders......... I will take mine in and pay the $20 to have it cleaned

Comment

I lick the end of my finger and just rub it on the sensor. Works great!!

Of course I'm kidding. Mine probably needs some attention.

Comment

Wish there was a place close by that I could take mine in now to have cleaned.....Gonna have to wait until I get back home....I will just use the companies point & shoot until then.......

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
              Well, given my history with bondo and grinders......... I will take mine in and pay the $20 to have it cleaned
              id love to find a place i could take mine into here locally that wont send it off for 3 to 4 weeks to get it cleaned and looked at . Darn your Ritz Camera! Darn you all to heck!!!

Comment

Danny,

Where do you take yours to have it cleaned?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                  Where do you go to have it cleaned for $20? Precision Camera in Austin charges $65. I got lucky last time I was in there. The tech and I were chatting about different cleaning methods and before I knew it, he had it cleaned and told me no charge.

After talking with him and learning a thing or 2, I'm not afraid of cleaning the sensor myself.

Comment

Heck I'll pay you $20 Gerald to clean my camera........

Comment

You can actually use a lens pen to clean the sensor.

You can blow out the camera to free up any loose dust and then use the lens pen to finish up cleaning the sensor.

The deal is that you aren't actually touching the sensor but a piece of "glass" that lies on top.

I've cleaned my sensors a hundred times and it works great.

Check out http://birdsasart.com/lenspens.htm for more details.

Thanks,

RG

Comment

I just pour mine full of Tito's, slosh it around a bit and then turn it up and drink it. I've never even noticed the taste of the dust.

Comment

Working...
                        X