No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, we are not smoking at all. There is no pig up there at all.

Comment

Just saw a group of about 30 off the top of the dam. They were on the south side of the river. Probably about 400 yards from the gates. To far away to tell for sure but Im guessing around 30. Could not tell the sizes from that distance either.

Comment

mayhemsr,

i am in austin. i am what is known as AGR. i take care of reserrvist full time. i am at hood almost once a week

Comment

Going out this afternoon below the dam if anyone wants to join me?

Comment

thinking about going this weekend... anyone else going?

Comment

crod88, see you out here ill text ya....

Melssoldier, lol I know what AGR is bro, been in 9 yrs now(active)...Im stationed here at Hood.....one day we got to meet up and get on some hogs!

Tx_bowhunter, ill be out there this weekend as well, if you wanna meet up

Comment

Sounds like if I can make the 2 1/2 hour drive my snake chaps should be in the pack. Would there be a problem sleeping in the truck at Taylor park?

Comment

Today, I went to Pecan Grove at gate 8. NO fun hiking across the marsh. Got my pants and boots soaked wet up to my knee! Didn't know that there is other gate to go. Saw red tarsus gl with TBH stickers on rear window at different gate. Pretty sure that he is out there somewhere already. Now I know where to go next time and enjoy the hunting better. Got spooked by BIG doe! Pretty sure that I spooked her somehow. When I returned back to my truck, saw red dodge truck. Hummmm....

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                    Today, I went to Pecan Grove at gate 8. NO fun hiking across the marsh. Got my pants and boots soaked wet up to my knee! Didn't know that there is other gate to go. Saw red tarsus gl with TBH stickers on rear window at different gate. Pretty sure that he is out there somewhere already. Now I know where to go next time and enjoy the hunting better. Got spooked by BIG doe! Pretty sure that I spooked her somehow. When I returned back to my truck, saw red dodge truck. Hummmm....
                    Red Taurus was mine. We didn't see anything on southside of Pecan Grove

Comment

Same here, went to Gate #7 and Pecan Groves (Gate #8). Didn't see anything but several does running around.

Question: Don't these hogs run around in circles? I have no idea of their own "pattern" of where they would be at certain day and time. Also, I think that I found their wallows but the wallows seem to be dug up, huh? There are several holes together under bushes.

Went to the spot where I deposited corn and syrup last week, they dug the corn out really good. Good sign that hogs are still around somewhere...

Comment

bluenavigator, i think i glassed you when i was walking in to meet up with chris.....you were way south by gate 8.....wearing red or could of been hunter orange...it was a long ways out i glassed you from top of the spillway...i think..lol

Comment

I think they are moving out into he newly planted corn fields. Getting harder by the day to even see them.

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                            bluenavigator, i think i glassed you when i was walking in to meet up with chris.....you were way south by gate 8.....wearing red or could of been hunter orange...it was a long ways out i glassed you from top of the spillway...i think..lol
                            Yeah, that's me. I was on way back to my truck, ready to go home. Oh boy, my feet was so white from all water soaking my boots. I wore hunter orange vest. I am not going back to Gate #8 anymore. Rather other one where Chris' car was parked at. I like that spot better, easy access to both north and south of the spillway. Learned something that day.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                              Yeah, that's me. I was on way back to my truck, ready to go home. Oh boy, my feet was so white from all water soaking my boots. I wore hunter orange vest. I am not going back to Gate #8 anymore. Rather other one where Chris' car was parked at. I like that spot better, easy access to both north and south of the spillway. Learned something that day.
                              Yeah. it's a long walk from gate 8 to were the pigs usually are. They are getting harder to find. Im going to hit the PC tomarrow afternoon and check it out. If I don't see them there I may call it quits till hit warms up into the 90s consistantly and they start hitting the water/wallows.

Comment

For PC, have to pay to enter Taylor Park in order to have access to PC, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X