DIY Idaho Elk/Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Idaho Elk/Bear

Anyone hunting there this year. Was looking good at Colorado but Idaho may win out. If you have hunted Idaho I would sure like to hear about it. Looks lovely me you get more for your money it's just a longer drive.

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Anyone hunting there this year. Was looking good at Colorado but Idaho may win out. If you have hunted Idaho I would sure like to hear about it. Looks lovely me you get more for your money it's just a longer drive.
    Sent you a pm.

Comment

When's the draw?

Comment

Draws are complete. Have until August 1st to pick up your tags, or lose them. Unclaimed tags will go into a second draw next month. Non-resident OTC tags are available until Aug. 28th, then go on sale to residents also.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          Sent you a pm.
          replied

Comment

I’m not very serious about hunting, but I’ve “hunted” OTC for Bear there for 5 years. I spend more time with a fly rod in my hand than anything. I’ve hunted unit 34 each time, and if I was serious I would’ve had a very good chance at Bear each year. I’ve always seen them, just usually too interested in chasing trout. A guy that I’ve known has hunted their for 14-15 years this year, and has taken 10-11 nice ones. The last time I was there with him he took a monster that tipped the scales just under 500. 495-496 to be exact.

Buy a bait permit for the best chances though. Some sweet feed of your choice around berry patches seems to get their attention.

Comment

I've done it. It was awesome. Will do it again. I just can't get off time in September to go. I strongly suggest archery hunt during rut. When im able to go again it will be from Sept 8-20th. I was in a regular over the counter unit, that holds good numbers but not huge trophy bulls. Also, tons of muleys. Don't be scared to DIY. Learn to use a diaphragm call, especially if hunting alone. Good luck to you, I am jealous, but hope you stick a big one.

Comment

Yes, Central Idaho is awesome!!! Go! Get away from the road, and you are golden.

Comment

Usually go to Colorado but trying Idaho this year. Looks like about a 25 hour drive from DFW. Had some good talks with some biologists and think we have a good area narrowed down. Found some good ridges to run in about 4 miles. Looking forward to seeing some new country

Comment

Yes!

I just got back from there and had a great time. Lucked out and shot a great bear. If you want, e-mail me (Pablo.davila@ymail.com) and I’ll send you a honey burn recipe that I believe made all the difference. Nice thing about elk hunting there is if you don’t tag out, you can return in the spring and use your elk tag for a bear.

Pablo

Comment

Bear hunt

If any of y'all ever need someone to ride along or drive , hit me up I want a bear sooo bad , and have been to Montana and Alaska , still no bear lol thanks

Comment

Originally posted by keystone View Post
                        If any of y'all ever need someone to ride along or drive , hit me up I want a bear sooo bad , and have been to Montana and Alaska , still no bear lol thanks
                        If I’d have known, I’d have hit you up. My brother backed out at the last minute and I went solo.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          I just got back from there and had a great time. Lucked out and shot a great bear. If you want, e-mail me (Pablo.davila@ymail.com) and I’ll send you a honey burn recipe that I believe made all the difference. Nice thing about elk hunting there is if you don’t tag out, you can return in the spring and use your elk tag for a bear.

Pablo
                          I shot you an email

Comment

My buddy was texting me this morning about otc tags for muleys and whitetail in October in Idaho. Said it was $450 and covered 5 days of trout fishing too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              I shot you an email
                              I didn’t get it. I’d shoot you a PM but my box is almost full.

Comment

Working...
                              X